Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Authorisation Objects is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have created a manual object in that i have added 2 fields

VKBUR

VKGRP

ACTVT

The same i have added in su24 also and marked yes for checking also.

But when i making the transaction it's not working. i need your suggestion how to control the transactions thru manual objects.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Venkat

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintaing SU24 does not insert the required auth check code in the program behind a transaction, it mainly controls the objects and default values that appear in the authorisations tab when assigning transactions to roles. Although it is possibe to deactivate a check from SU24 as well.

Speak to your developers about introducing the neceesary auth checks for your required object, that is the only way that it would work.

If you search the forum you will find quite a few posts around the maintenance and use of SU24.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use of Custom Objects would be the last resort for a developer. Infact, it would also be them who would be recommending this.

Like S Morar covered it, it would be an AUTHORITY-CHECK in the program which would trigger this check. You can then perform the SU24 update for the custom Tcode (hopefully custom program)

Thank you

Abhishek