Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shelf life expiary date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Exprts,

I have problem with Shelf life expiary date of material,

Actual date of expiary is 06/2008 then whatever the stock in unestricted goes to blocked, but in my case the stock is remain in unrestrictred. Need Ur suggestions is there we have to maintain inspection with inspection type-09 for this material or is there any other solution for that.

Please revert me ASAP.

Regards,

Shivkumar Dachawar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor

Hi,

You have to set a back ground job to treansfer the Expired Batch stock from Unrestricted to Block stock.Ask your Abaper to find or if required create new program for it and then you can set the background job to do the so.

Regards,

Dhaval

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Jul 1, 2008 1:17 PM

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The is standard SAP functionality for this. No need for an APAP'er.

Please review "Deadline monintoring" in the help files.

You'll find the program for running deadline mointoring under the worklists section of QM. The actual transaction code escapes me right now and I'm not on a system to check.

Craig

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the correction.

Actually I had also try to find it but doesn't succeed.I can only find it for deadline monitoring (Next inspection date) not for expiry date over.I think his concern is more about batches for which expiry date is over and stock is remain in Unrestricted.

Regards,

Dhaval

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Jul 1, 2008 5:11 PM

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deadline montoring has two pieces to its program. The top section is the section for creating inspection lots. It uses the next inspection date.

The second section handles actual expired material. It uses the batch expiration date. If you don't want to create inspection lots, leave the window value null in the first section and don't activate any 09 inspection types.

The deadline monitoring program will first, (if a value is in the window field of the second section. Dhaval - make sure you enterred at least a one here.. that might be why its not working for you), look at batches in unrestricted inventory and will move them to blocked stock if they will expire within the window value of days. i.e. if you but 10 in as the window value, it will move all batches to blocked stock that will expire in the next ten days. You do not need any QM active to utilize this part of the program.

After moving batches to blocked stock, it then looks at unrestricted inventory for batches that will reach their next inspection date within in the window specified. If the 09 inspection type is active, it will create an inspection lot and handle stock according to the selected radio button.

Keep in mind that if a batch reaches the inspection date and expiration date at the same time, the batch will be in blocked stock with no inspection lot since the expiration portion of the program runs first.

I usually set up the program to run twice, first to just create inspection lots, and then second, to move expired material.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The programe for this "Dedline Monitoring" is RQAAAS10.

Regards,

Shyamal

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Craig,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.I have check the same as per your guideline and it works fine.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Dhaval

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Program is accessed via transactions QA07.

Job can be planned by QA05.

QA07L accesses the logs.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member680448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As we trying to block the batch, we placed the value of 10 days in the second of the report QA07, but we are facing the message "no entries found", even though we have the batch which are about to expire with in 10 days.

Can you pls let me know, if there are any prerequisites for this process. Also, if you can list out possible reasons for this message, we will be greatful.

thanks & regards

Chaitanya

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The main reason that entries are not found are

1) value in the window isn't large enough to get the batches you are thinking it should.

2) inventory in unrestricited stock is zero. The program will not considered batches in any other stock category. This means blocked, QI, restricted, consignment stock, stock already assigned to deliveries, etc..

Craig