cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Handling of my local system in Webdynpro Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am in need of accessing my local file system or any other system using my webdynpro Java application. For example when i use File file = new File("c:
"); and list the files i get the files in the server. rather i should be able to get the files from my local system or any other system in the network as well. how to do that. Please give a solution for the same.

Regards,

Karthikeyan.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Webdynpro applications are run on browser. Browsers not support direct client system access due to security reasons. so java.io.File can't be used.

you can achieve this by using File Upload/Download UI elements only.

Refer Documentation: [File Upload/Download UI Elements|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/fdf9c528d45171e10000000a1553f7/content.htm]

nikhil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Java WebDynpro don't support client side scripting. But you can make use of the FileUpload UI element to get the file contents as IResource type; using which you may be able to view the file contents located in the network/client system.

Regards

Vinod V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can access file from local file system only if it is accessible to j2ee server.

You have to share the directory containing files and access through network connection.

Mandeep virk