cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW7.1 - Change of Backend Destination for existing SWCV

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding the Backend Destination that one specifies while creating a SWCV. The scenario is as below -

1] I have created a SWCV which has my data objects & sub gens which uses Destination D1.

2] Now I want to make this SWCV connect to a different backend system. Hence I created a new RFC destination D2. Please note that the interfaces are the same - just the system is different.

3] I can switch the Backend Destination for the entire SWCV from D1 to D2 and save the change.

4] But if I see the Backend Adapters for individual data objects, I still see them pointing to D1. Also, this is non-editable.

My quesiton is - Is it possible for me to change the Backend Destination for generated data objects in an existing SWCV? Or do I need to re-import the data objects in a new SWCV for use with the new backend destination?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You can go to Configuration Tab in the administration console, then chose Backend Configuration-> Then select your SWCV and the data object for which you have to change the backend destination.

The only pain point here is you have to do individually for every dataobject in your SWCV.

Best Regards,

Siva.

0 Kudos

Thanks Siva!

Answers (0)