Did you mean: 

strange issue - my message was rejected by a moderator

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I received this message:

Hello,

You have received this email because the message you posted below has been rejected by our moderators.

You may want to check out the terms and conditions for using our forums: https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement You also find a link to them in the first thread of every forum.

Hope you understand and continue to participate in our community.

All the best the CN Community Team.

sdn@sap.com

Subject: Re: Material Group n Material Type

Hi,

There's no direct relation between material type & group. You can assign materials of different types to a certain material group.

BR

Csaba

Posted: 6/23/08 5:04 PM

This is the thread to which I posted my message:

My questions:

- Why did someone make complaint against me?

- What is not acceptable in my message?

- Why did the moderator accept the complaint and removed my message?

- Why did the moderator act anonimously?

- I sent email to make this issue clear to the forum modeartor, I replied to the email as well, the forum moderator said he would post this question on moderator forum - still no answer

So, what can I do? Who can help me in this issue?

It is intersting to me that my message was rejected within about 1/2 hour but when I wanted to make this thing clear and know what had happened I'm not able to get answer from 23th of June till now...

Is it normal behaviour on this forum?

Thanks,

Csaba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where have you been trying to get clarification from the 23rd?

It's entirely possible that your message was removed because the message it replied to was removed and because they were linked it happened - that I am not 100% sure on but at the moment I would say it's a plausible effect.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your answer.

I sent email addressed to the moderator of MM forum and I replied to the email I got.(sapnetworkmail). The email didn't contain any email address to advice me where I can investigate this issue.

Maybe the notification of forum moderator should be enough in this case (if the email doesn't contain instruction what to do).

You are saying that the thread I replied to had been removed - still I can see it (???). But my message is missing.

Sorry, it's no totally clear to me.

Still I can't understand why this message was sent without reference to the decision-maker (moderator). So, I think that lots of questions of mine are not answered.

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 1, 2008 9:16 AM

I have to correct myself: The email contains an email address: sdn@sap.com. I didn't use it.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 1, 2008 9:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thread was reported as abuse by two users and whoever reviewed at the time made the decision to remove it, unfortunately I can not see who made the decision or why they made the decision. It's entirely possible it was a mistake.

I can only apology that it happened and assume it was a mistake.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your help.

I do not understand why some users reported it as abuse and I do not understand why the person, who removed it, didn't examine the thread before its decision...

I think maybe your process should be revised (documented, etc) how to solve such kind of prolems. Maybe both parties should be granted opportunity to plead their case.

I thank you for you reply, it's no problem to me of course. I would only ask you that if it s possible please restore the original state.

Thank you again and have a nice day.

Csaba

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would not overrate this. I received three of these emails so far. Moderators are shooting down so much garbage now (I can speak about the ABAP forums), a tiny miss rate should be acceptable. Also, there might be retaliation abuse reports by users who I asked (ok, told...) to search first or stop copy/pasting.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a well documented process but as Thomas just wrote we are in overdrive now in a clean up effort, this is the 3rd case I've seen where it looks like a mistake was made and thousands have been removed so for now we will wait and see how things develop once we reach something of a balance.

Answers (0)