cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Between Product Master & SNP planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently i am working on SCM 5.0 Version.

As you know when we update the Target Day`s Supply field in Product Master( /sapapo/mat1) of product,it will automatically update the Key Figure "Target Day`s Supply "in SNP Planning Book (/sapapo/sdp94) with same Value.

Now my requirement is like this, I have one keyfigure which is i have created manually & assigned in to SNP planning Area Say " Stock Norms ". Now i have to assign this key figure with "Maximum stock level" field in Product Master. That means whenever i update Maximum Stock level in Product Master ,it will automatically update key figure " Stock Norms " in SNP planning Book.

Can anyone tell me how can i achive the above scenario?

Hope so u understand my requirement.

Thanks in Advance !

Regards

Sujay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The simplest way is to create a macro to read the value from the Location Product record and assign this to your key figure "Stock Norms", use the macro function MATLOC() to do this.

MATLOC( 'FIELD_NAME' ; <'product'> ; <'location'> ; <'version'> ) returns the content of a numerical field in the location/product master record of the specified product and location. So you will need to have something like:

MATLOC( 'MAXSTOCKC' ; ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION )

ACT_PRODUCT and ACT_LOCATION should be used for perfromance purposes rather than stating the product and location itself. Also this will only refresh the value each time you enter the planning book and not reflect any changes "on the fly".

Hope that helps

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ian,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can you tell me the detail steps of Macro?

How can i use this MATLOC function?

Thanks in Advance !

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay :

It would be simple

Use val of field ' MAXSTOCK' from product master

New step : ( 1 Iterations :Column 1;Column 1 )

Row: Stock Norms ( Frm Column 1 ) =

MATLOC( 'MAXSTOCK' ; ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION )

Hope it would be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

I did same like u said & the macro get activated also.I have put this macro in Default Event.

Even this macro is not working. I update the Maximum stock level for 1 Product & location,still it is not replicate in planning book under the same Product.

Now what i suppose to do this so that it`s working properly.

Kindly suggest the solution.

Thanks in Advance !

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay :

I hope that you are talkign abt field max stock level from lot size tab . in that case actually field name should be "MAXSTOCKC" not "MAXSTOCK" , Please ensure that .

Also check in your macro step if you have given correct "From period& to period"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Actaully, i have taken correct field name from Product MAster i.e. " MAXSTOCKC ".

The following macro i have used but still it is not working properly

Stock Norms

Stock Norms : ( 12 Iterations : P 01.2008; P 12.2008 )

Row: Stock Norms ( Frm P 01.2008 ) =

MATLOC( 'MAXSTOCKC' ;

ACT_PRODUCT ;

ACT_LOCATION

)

Kindly suggest the solution

It`s urgent requirement,so pls

Thanks

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually it should work like this , seems correct . Just to try , make it as a directy excutable or start macro and then see if it works .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you try to include the version (the active version) in the statement used for picking up the value of Max stock.

Let me know if this works.

Thank you,

KC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay

Once you made the change in the Location Product, did you come out of the planning book and then back in again? The master data change will not take effect until you do as the system reads the master data into it's cache on entry to the planning book, it then keeps this value whilst planning as it assumes that only the transactional data is changing.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

I always come out from planning book before i do some changes in Master data.I dont know which mistake i have done while creating macro.But i did according to suggestion & you have seen my macro steps also in previous post.

Can u suggest me which mistake i have done?

Thanks

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable information. Actually i got the solution for my requirement.

I have created following macro & which working successfully.

Maximum Stock Level

Maximum Stock Level : ( 12 Iterations : P 01.2008; P 12.2008 )

Row: Stock Norms ( Frm P 01.2008 ) =

MAX_STOCK( ACT_VERSION )

Regards

Sujay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks