cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubts in xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. what is the diff b/w web client and webservice

2.how to include synchronous sender step in BPM.

3.when i am reding interfaces in interface mapping i could get Request_DT to BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL on request interface.. but on response side i am getting Response_DT to BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL where as i should get BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL to Response_DT

where i have done error.

4.hot to create messgae interfaces in IR for request and response scenarios, i mean when to create outbound synchronous and in bound synchronous.

plz help me in this regard..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

2. In BPM include the Send step and in the Properties window change the mode from Asynchronous to Synchronous.

3. Check your message mapping.

4. Synchronous inbound and outbound message interfaces are generally used in RFC, SOAP, http scenarios... For example, synchronous inbound and outbound message interfaces are used in http to SOAP scenario, http to RFC scenario...

Regards,

Geetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using Web services your application can publish its function or message to the rest of the world.

Web services uses XML to code and decode your data and SOAP to transport it using open protocols.

With Web services your accounting departments Win 2k servers billing system can connect with your IT suppliers UNIX server.

how to include synchronous sender step in BPM.

in the send step properties we need to provide synchronous

when i am reding interfaces in interface mapping i could get Request_DT to BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL on request interface.. but on response side i am getting Response_DT to BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL where as i should get BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL to Response_DT

where i have done error.

check the mapping for request and response structure and in interface mapping while doing response mapping select the source as BAPI and response as message structure

it will solve u r problem

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to send step properties.....Here change value of Mode Property........Bydefault it is Asynchronous.

Make it synchronous.

when i am reding interfaces in interface mapping i could get Request_DT to BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL on request interface.. but on response side i am getting Response_DT to BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL where as i should get BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL to Response_DT

I think u have made mistake in ur Outbound Interface Interface.

Category : Outbound

Mode: Synchonous

Input Message: Request_DT

Output Message : Response_DT

Hot to create messgae interfaces in IR for request and response scenarios, i mean when to create outbound synchronous and in bound synchronous.

When u have synchronous scenario then u will create synch IB & OB interface.

e.g u have RFC to webservice scenarion........ where u will send request message from RFC to Webservice.

Ur WS will send the response to RFC.

Thanks,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Web client

The client, or user, side of the Web. It typically refers to the Web browser in the user's machine. It may also refer to plug-ins and helper applications that enhance the browser to support special services from the site. The term may imply the entire user machine or refer to a handheld device that provides Web access. Contrast with Web server. See browser plug-in.

Web service

The term Web services describes a standardized way of integrating Web-based applications using the XML, SOAP, WSDL and UDDI open standards over an Internet protocol backbone. XML is used to tag the data, SOAP is used to transfer the data, WSDL is used for describing the services available and UDDI is used for listing what services are available. Used primarily as a means for businesses to communicate with each other and with clients, Web services allow organizations to communicate data without intimate knowledge of each other's IT systems behind the firewall.

Unlike traditional client/server models, such as a Web server/Web page system, Web services do not provide the user with a GUI. Web services instead share business logic, data and processes through a programmatic interface across a network. The applications interface, not the users. Developers can then add the Web service to a GUI (such as a Web page or an executable program) to offer specific functionality to users.

Web services allow different applications from different sources to communicate with each other without time-consuming custom coding, and because all communication is in XML, Web services are not tied to any one operating system or programming language. For example, Java can talk with Perl, Windows applications can talk with UNIX applications.

Web services do not require the use of browsers or HTML.

Web services are sometimes called application services.

when there is a synchronous transfer.. generally happens in RFC, HTTP Scenario

You will get the response on response structure u mention in response tab in IM

plz give points if useful

Edited by: Soumyasanto Sen on Jul 1, 2008 8:10 AM

Edited by: Soumyasanto Sen on Jul 1, 2008 8:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i have checked on response tab .. but i could get Response_DT to BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL