cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Or Abap Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Experts,

I am working on a solution, here one abap program reads a R3 table on pallet data and needs to be mapped to an xml via SAP XI. The input is not large in size and has only 12 fields.

My question is which is a better solution an out bound idoc or an abap proxy to come as an input to sap xi.

Which is a better solution in terms of architecture and performance.

Regards,

Anirban.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

I just want to know wether your requirement is to just convert internal table data to a flat file in XML format.

Is there any business transaction that has to be executed when the data is sent out from R/3?

If you are using R/3 then how can you implement ABAP proxies.Are you using enterprise version of R/3.

If you just want to convert any internal table into XML format,we have lot of ABAP API's to do that and use the FTP FM for doing the file transfer.

Do you really need to go through XI?Can you elobrate the landscape in detail so that I can suggest?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

Yes there is a business scenario inside an abap progream

1.For 'pallet Generation ' and 'pallet download' for incoming inventory is managed through the same abap program in background.So the requirement is not just XML file generation.

2.On the last part of your message can u let me know any FM/api to convery R3 table contents to an xml.

3.XI is the business requirement, so i can't really question that.

So what do you suggest now, by the way i always like youir weblogs keep it up.

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Abap proxies are always better when data volumes are more.

Now since your data volume is less and less functionality( only read the table) you can go in for Idoc adapter as well.You wont need any communication channel on sender side.

While it comes to performance Proxies are consideered best solution coz they run on the local integration engine and efficiently handle data load.

Cheers,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks , but just one question Do Proxies absorbe more resources at the server side and also is my message frequency a factor in deciding it? I have low frequency of messgage.

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.<i>Do Proxies absorbe more resources at the server side</i>

Proxies carry structure of message interface created in XI but lie in the source or target system and run on local integration engine.So Nothing like more server server resources being utilized.

2.<i>message frequency a factor in deciding it</i>

No .Message frequency is not goin to affect the proxy coomunication.It doesnt matter how frequent the message arrives,it just bothers faster it acts. Proxy is just an add advantage for those systems Web As 6.20 and above.

Cheers,

Rashmi