cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish i could appreciate those great threads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I find some threads with excellent answers that were not appreciated, but closed in many forums.

These answers had helped me a lot, numerous times. I wish I could give them an appreciation somehow. Feeling sad to see that they were not appreciated by the person who really raised the question.

It would be good to have some ratings other than points for such cases like - appreciation stars to say that the specific thread had helped others indirectly. These are those valuable threads which keeps others including myself from posting the same question again....

I just thought of raising it as i believe this will be taken into consideration and may be implemented just like my previous suggestions ;).

- anto.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

A very good and excellent thought. I also feel the same way. I hope that moderators for the forum are listening too.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a topic that has been raised on numerous occasions the last several years but one wrought with potential problems hence why nothing has been implemented yet - but it is being worked on.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here's my vote in favour: Aye!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice one. This should be available for any closed thread still in the database. I would put some effort into tracking down answers again that have helped me in the past, and slap some stars on them. Some of these are still on my watch list (too bad I found out about the "save" feature only quite recently).

Thomas

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eh? Save? I found it under watches, but what does it do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... it looks like there is a limit to the lifetime of the watch, unless it is a "saved" one. Thanks for that Thomas

PS: I also agree with the rating-of-the-thread-as-a-whole-by-everyone approach, but also understand the difficulties of changing a running system.

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, thanks Thomas! I wish I could give you a star for that answer! I was wondering what happened to all those great topics I put a watch on and are no longer there myself. Was about to post a question about that.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the top of the "your watches" screen:

>For your convenience, watches on content that hasn't been updated for more than 90 days will be automatically removed from your list. To prevent any watch from being automatically deleted, simply toggle the "Save Watch" option.

Glad I'm not the only one not having noticed this for so long...

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, I see!

Nice feature, ten points for Thomas for bringing this to our attention!