cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule a task using Syndication server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Currently I am using MDM SP04 version and I am using MDM Syndicator batch right now to execute task on scheduled time.

But in future If I upgrade from MDM SP04 to MDM SP06 version Syndicator batch is no longer available in MDM SP06, so how can I schedule the same task using Syndication server.

is there anyway to schedule using Syndication server?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

RDNPrasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Batch process through console will also not work in SP06. You can try the following option.

Set the outbound port (to which you want to syndicate the data)properties as follows:

Processing Type: Automatic

Processing Interval: Continous

Attach your syndication map to this port and set the filter criteria (on which you want to syndicate the records) in map itself.

Hope this would work.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for your response.

I have selected outbound port.

I given Processing type : Automatic.

Processing Interval : Dialy

Next Sysndication date: 07/01/2008

Next Syndication Time: 12:12 PM

Hope it helps you to understand.

Regards,

RDNPrasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad,

I also tried the same, but due to some error in my repo, i was not able to select daily/Weekly/monthly. But now its working fine.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Yes you can schedule your Syndication server

For this you need to create a outbound port in console and keep the processing type as Automatic.The you need to choose the Processing Interval. There are 4 types of intervals availablein console. They are:

1)Continous

2)Hourly

3)Daily

4)Weekly

If you choose Continuous as your interval then when ever you have some new data incoming to MDM it will syndicate the data.

If you choose any of the other 3 then it will ask for Next syndication date and Next syndication time for the processing interval. Fill those and your syndication server will be scheduled according to the interval you provide to the server.

I hope I am able to help you

Thanks

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I found sloution to this.

Thanks,

RDNPrasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u plz share it with me ?

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried verify/repair option but still on trying this my console gets crashed throwing Send/Do not send wala error.

Is it something to do with Version ?

We are on SP06 (5.5.62.50). Which patch are you on ?

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

I am also using MDM SP06(5.5.62.50) version.

from SP05 and above versions are compatible for the above settings for scheduling.

Plese try to create a new port of type Outbound, you can set the above properties to Port.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

RDNPrasad.

Edited by: RDNPrasad on Jul 1, 2008 6:43 AM