cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Application to retrieve Portal UME Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am looking to create a VC application that would take the user id of a user and return a list of portal roles assigned to the user. How would I go about writing such an application? I know the Portal UME API can be used to get the portal roles assigned to a user. But in the past when I used the Portal UME API for a similar task, I created an portal application and deployed it as a par file on the portal. Using this par file I then created an iView. On Previewing this iView I was able to see the roles assigned to the current logged in user.

However, I am not sure how I would implement such a solution leveraging VC functionality. I am thinking I have to write some sort of application on the portal and then access this application through VC just like we access SAP backend RFCs/BAPIs. I am not sure what kind of an application this would be and how it would be accessed via VC. Also, will I be able to pass in a parameter to this application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

- Osman

Edited by: Muhammad Osman Yousuf on Jun 30, 2008 5:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think below Blog explains your Requirement

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8303] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Regards,

Govindu

if helpful award points

Answers (0)