SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Admissions Restricted flag on Programs of Study

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have had issues recently with students booking when they should not be allowed to book. (example: admission approved for fall, but the student was able to book for the previous summer) One suggestion from SAP was to use the Admissions Restricted checkbox located in the Program Data section of the SC "Program of Study"

Testing went well, however, we found a couple of instances where this option did not work.

1. If the student had 2 admissions with the same program of study and one of them was in Rejected status, they would not be able to book. So the scenario is...a student applied last year and was rejected as an Undeclar UG. They applied again this year also as an Undeclar UG and were approved for Fall. When they book for fall...the error message returns that they do not have a valid admission.

2. It appears that if we can no longer use the Change of Program button on the Registration tab. If we try to change the program, we get the message that the "Student has no valid admission" for the program we are switching too. Which they don't have an admission for the change...that's why we do the Change of Program functionality.

I may have to file an OSS note for this, but I was wondering if anyone else used this feature and ran into the same problems.

Thanks!

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

I did look at BADi HRPIQ00REG0160 and saw it was active already. I deactivated it and the error I was getting with one rejected admission and one approved admission went away. So we obviously have some code in the BADi that is breaking that scenario.

However, I still can not do a change of program from the registration tab unless there is an admission record for the new program of study. I guess I could talk to the developers about the BADi for this, but my question is...why should the BADi be used here? Isn't the whole point of change of program functionality to do just as it says? Change the program from what it was originally? Why should the restrict flag stop this?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

The same scenario I have tested and it works out fine .

The dates would be an issue , Just check in academic year , academic session in academic calendar with respect to the relationship with the program of study .

You can try using VSR with Calluppoint for admissions .

If not it would be better why you use the Change of program , when the admission is same for Progarm of study . Clear if my understanding is wrong .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

Edited by: Gajalakshmi Kannappan on Jul 1, 2008 1:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

You can add additional admission checks in this BADI HRPIQ00REG0160.Let me know if it does not work.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

I did look at BADi HRPIQ00REG0160 and saw it was active already. I deactivated it and the error I was getting with one rejected admission and one approved admission went away. So we obviously have some code in the BADi that is breaking that scenario.

However, I still can not do a change of program from the registration tab unless there is an admission record for the new program of study. I guess I could talk to the developers about the BADi for this, but my question is...why should the BADi be used here? Isn't the whole point of change of program functionality to do just as it says? Change the program from what it was originally? Why should the restrict flag stop this?

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

If look into documentation of BADI it says "the system calls this BAdI when you process the following activities:

RA01 - Initial registration

RA02 - Extend study segment

RQ01 - Change of program

The logic you suppose to code is if you are getting value CV_ADMISSION_OK as space. Look for does that student have any approved admission for that level (UG/GR/DR). If he finds any records in Hrp1001(relat 530) with same level just set this flag to 'X'. It will allow you to change the program.

Let's say if SAP allows you to change of program without going through this validation. Again you will get caught when student will not be able to book course because it will not find any admission for new program. This badi is allowing you override admission check.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

so even if it doesn't make sense that the change of program doesn't work with the restrict flag by default...it's better if I use the BADi to correct it.

Thanks for you help PK...I will talk to a programmer about the BADi.