cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items on a sales order to cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Say i am having 10 item on a sales order, in which 2 line items need to send it to cost center (this line items will have diffrent item category)

I know for expensed sales order you can do it on the header level by the order reason code, but here my requirement is based on the item category

i tried in this way, not able to do it suceesfully: i created new schedule line category and assinged the movement type 201 to that schedule line and i assigned this schedule to the new item category for which you need to send it to cost center, but it showing there is some error in the movement type (but the movement type i used is the standard one 201 goods issue to cost center )

Can any one suggest me the user exits we can use whn that paticular item category comes, it will ask for the cost center

Thanks

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically this cost center depends upon the requirment class. In the requirment class u can find it Costing sheet costin ID, Costinvariant. You should sit with CO consultant and u have to tell him.I want thease two items have to go to this cost centre. They will maintain Costing sheet and costing key. This is u can find it in SO click on the item and check with the account assignemtn tab. select it and go inside u can find costing sheet and cositing key based on this it will go to the respective cost centers.

Regards,

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you provide more details on this how to create a requirement class, and assing to cost variant

Thanks

Mahesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh

To see what is your Requirement Class, do the following

- Go to Material Master MRP3 view and see what is your Strategy group

- Go to [OPPS] select your strategy group and see what Requirement Type is maintained there.

- Go to [OVZH] select that Requrement Type and see what Requirement Class is maintained there.

- Go to [OVZG] select that Requirement Class and maintain the required settings there.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dera Mahesh

First of all to my knowledge, this is not possible. As you would be aware, standard sales will be made via movement type 601 through which you can correlate Profit Center but not Cost Center.

You also should be aware based on movement types in SD, it will have parallel impact in MM / FI and you should be very careful if you are changing the movement type for standard sales.

Still if you feel that somehow or the other, it should be captured, may be you can try with copying 201, rename it to suit 601 features in OMJJ and try.

But You can take it for granted if you check with your FI people, they wont accept for this proposal.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi