cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3trans -d fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just finished installing SAP NW04 SR1 Database instance (without any errors). When I try to start SAP, it fails with the error message "orasrv not found"

I have completed all post installation activities and all environment variables and kernel parameters are ok as far as I know.

R3trans -d (After manually starting the Database) to the Oracle 10g also fails with the error message

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

• ERROR => Cannot connect: TNS-name missing 103 0.021125

4 ETW000 [dbsloci. ,00000] *** ERROR => Cannot connect: TNS-name missing 105 0.018903

2EETW169 no connect possible: "DBMS = ORACLE

______________________________________________________________________________________________

OS = RedHat (Fedora 9)

Manually configured tnsnames.ora and listener.ora with no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Shantanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Manually configured tnsnames.ora and listener.ora with no luck.

Did you maybe install Oracle BEFORE you started the sapinst installation?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hehe no. I went according to the Install Guide. Like I said.. I havent done anything apart from whats written in the guide.

Although I had never seen the orasrv not found error in startdb.log

😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still no luck. I found out on google that a few others have faced the same problem some on windows aswell. I hope there is a solution out there.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the tnsnames.ora is empty, then something went wrong during the installation - for whatever reasons. I have installed a lot of systems and I never saw that problem.

What can have happend is, that "keep tnsnames.ora" was selected and it´s been empty from another installation before.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

tnsnames.ora is not empty. It has the necessary (Default) configuration. I have never had to rebuild or reconfigure the tnsnames.ora file. Whats funny is that During the DB instance installation, SAP had to start to start the RFC connections. I checked at that time, and all the dw processes along with dispatcher were up. SO I know that SAP CAN be started on this machine. Its funny, but I just cant put my finger on anything right now.

Will play around with sqlnet.ora this time around.

Still awaiting valuable inputs.

Will award points.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shantanu,

I'd suggest, that you open an OSS call at SAP. But I have to say, that Fedora 9 is not a certified distribution for SAP. Before opening a call you should change your distribution to a certified one and maybe test if the problem still persists. Certified distributions for SAP are listed here: [|] -> Supported Platforms.

Best Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you started listener on user ora<sid> by command lsnrctl start <LISTENER_NAME> ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Listener is up and running. I initially thought, that SAP while installing might have changed the name of the listener but its set to default value I presume. No specification found under tnsnames or listener files.

Port is also set to default 1527 and hostname also is correct in both the files.