cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Person for Vendor in SRM/CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Expert,

We are using Central user administration (CUA and like other system SRM is connected to CUA. I am getting the error 'Central system not accessible' while creating the employee (manage business partner) for business partner (Vendor). When we remove CUA then the error disappear.

Could you please let us know would be our approach for creating employee for vendors (for bidding, auction etc..).

Steps for Reconstruction

1. Login to SRM

2. Click on Manage business partner (BBPMAININT)

3. Look for Employee for Business Partner 'Create' option and create a employee for one of the vendors.

4. You will get the message Central 'System not accessible' .

I know one approach where I can create a SU01 in advance from CUA and then in manage business partner use this user but this is very long approach looking at the number of vendors we have. Is there a simpler way ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep

Sorry yes it is not specifically about external users. You should review the note again, particularly scenario 2.

Essentially the note explains that, in a CUA environment, to create a user for an external contact person you need to create the following entry in table "BBP_CUST":

Key = "EBP_CUA_SCENARIO"; Value = "ACTIVE".

If you do not want to user table maintenance you can create the entry via the following IMG menu path:

Supplier Relationship Management > SRM Server > Technical Basic Settings >

Deactivate User Access to Solution Manager.

(Ignore the transaction title this transaction is essenatially maintenance of table "BBP_CUST").

Then you must ensure that the user specified on the RFC Definition for the CUA client has authorisations to create users IN THE CUA CLIENT, (it already has authorisations to create in the SRM client). This lack of authorisation is probably the reason for your error message.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep

Refer to SAP Note 402592, this explains the use of external user creation in a CUA environment.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for response Mike. Sorry but I could not find anything for external user (contact per son for vendors) creation in the suggested note.

All EBP users are created through CUA only. We need one contact person for vendors. Is there a way we can use BBPMAININT (manage business partner) to create contact person. Or we need to first create SU01 user in CUA first and then BP in BBPMAININT for the contact person.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Prashant

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Write a program to use FM BBP_CREATE_CONTACT_PERSON.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imthiaz,

Could you please provide some more details. Also could you send me sample implementation if you have please....

Thanks

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at this include program BBP_VENDOR_CREATE_F01.