cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSP License extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have succesfully installed the SAP NetWeaver Sneak Preview ABAP Edition NSP (Windows Operating System).

On the site http://www.sap.com/solutions/netweaver/minisap.epx

frame System Info I can't choice the NSP system (only N4S).

How can I extend the NSP license?

best regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is some valuable information for you.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to the community and SAP. Now with the statement from Jürgen, we can enjoy SAP again.

former_member190578
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

the mistake still exist.

Only this system are provided to select:

MBS - R/3 4.6D

CTB - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (Java) x86 MaxDB

N4S - SAP NetWeaver 2004s x86_64 MaxDB / DB2

LNX - SAP Basis R/3 4.6B x86 MaxDB

But I need a new key for a NSP system.

What can/shall I do?

Regards Jurgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

System NSP is back, but the key I have received for NSP - SAP Netweaver 2004s bis SP8

isn't working. I have done this two times before and never had problems. I entered the expiration date and left the system no. blank.

Is there still something wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

NSP SP9 and higher worked for me. What SP are you running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried NSP SP9, but the key I received is longer than 24 digits.

SP's installed:

SAP_ABA + SAP_BASIS :

SAPKA70008 / SAPKB70008

PI_BASIS: SAPKIPYJ78

SAP_BW SAPKW70008

The key for NSP SP8 has the right length, but didn't work. The text file with the key contains the following information:

Installation of the license key

1. Script for release 4.5A and higher ... Database: ADABAS D

However the database installed is MaxDB.

Does anybody know what to do? Really complicated.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Roger, once you are in transaction SLICENSE, make sure that you click the "New License" button, then try installing the license.

Regards

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rich, but another error:

u2018The license key library has not been initialized yetu2019.

Somewhere it was recommended to add some backslashes in profile file NSP_DVEBMGS00_<hostname>, but that led to another error message. I am giving up, my nerves are in tatters. Whatu2019s really weird is, that it worked twice before.

Does anybody know, if it is possible to simply set back the system time? I could live with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roger,

Just try setting the system date to a previous date (before the license expiration date) restart the system and run the NSP system, it should work. One of my friend tried the same thing and it worked for him.

Give it a try.

Regards,

Mayur

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roger,

There is a bug in earlier releases of NW 2004s ABAP Trial. You will need edit the profile, found under .../NSP/SYS/profile/NSP_DVEBMGS00_<HOSTNAME>.

Open it and search for this entries:

ssf/ssfapi_lib = $(DIR_CT_RUN)sapsecu.dll 
sec/libsapsecu = $(DIR_CT_RUN)sapsecu.dll

add a missing backslash, after this they should look like:

ssf/ssfapi_lib = $(DIR_CT_RUN)\sapsecu.dll 
sec/libsapsecu = $(DIR_CT_RUN)\sapsecu.dll

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus + Mayur,

Sad to say, but after I made the changes to the file I was getting another error:

Line 1 of the license key file: "----- Begin SAP License -

" expected.

If I install it manually:

Invalid license key

It seems to me that SAP has changed something, because the manual installation was always working before. Anyway, I can also set the date back.

Thanks for your help,

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

after Klaus posted the new information I could extend my J2E and JSP license today for 90 days (expired day now 02 oct 2008). I let this thread open to put the new "SAP official statement" into. Thanks a lot to Sandra, to hold this thread active and to Klaus to force a solution for this issue.

best regards

Thomas

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

the license request page ([www.sap.com/minisap]) is currently back with all system entries. However, the future proceeding with license requests remains uncertain. An official statement from SAP will follow soon.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Klaus.

For information, I could succeed in installing a new license key too, but after a little workaround : when I installed first the NSP.txt file I received (NSP sp 9+), I had error "This system's system number is "000000000310620813", but there is a license key for system number "000000000310994289" in the license key file.". I checked the file and there was a line "SYSTEM-NR=000000000310994289", I changed it to "SYSTEM-NR=000000000310620813" and then it worked fine...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to change the system number as well.

Now everything works fine.

Thanks to Sandra and everybody, who help ...

Rigas

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There seems to be another solution to bypass the system number problem : see the answer from Hannes Kuehnemund in this thread Renew License Problem - Option NSP and J2E (7.0) Windows Not Available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

do you know whether NSP.txt license files will be available again? Is 90-days licences not available anymore?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

any news on that issue? my NSP-license expires today, so it would be great to that system still working to play a bit around...

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem... I can't test solution at home for my customer...

Give us some good news SAP, please.

Cheers

Georgi_Mihaylov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I spoke with a former collegue from SAP and he told me that they do not plan to change the policy for the moment so no renewal of the NSP license for the moment.

Of course the talk was unoffcial.

greeetings Georgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not official but if it's true it's a very very bad news...

We buy books very expensive with AS Preview and SAP stop it. How to improve our knowledge in this case ? I'm independant i can't charge this to my customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the Horses mouth.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads?rid=/webcontent/uuid/0028dd07-2c3c-2b10-3da0-9056be561551

Shane it seems but that's it.

If your license is still valid enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Cheers

jimbo

former_member190578
Participant
0 Kudos

Why without advance warning???

No warning, no notice...nothing on the download site, that SAP stopp this license politic.

That's an odd thing.

former_member190578
Participant
0 Kudos

Note to SAP Community about SAP Evaluation Software License:

_Effective immediately, the trial license renewal system has been reinstated._

We have taken this action while we establish longer-term policies and practices that appropriately take into account the needs and requirements of all stakeholders - particularly the community.

Happy developing!

29 Jul 2008

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you SAP that's great

After this sequence of chaotic changes in the renewal page (available, not available, available, etc.), I think that would be nice, when official communication arrives to announce end of renewals, to send it through a visible place (in SDN newsletter for example) and let us 30 days to backup our data (the notice existed but few people did see it).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandra,

I agree: I think this thread is plain old wrong ... At the moment you cannot even get the first license. I really see no danger that someone might use the trial version in a production environment ...

Lets hope for the best.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found this thread (Jul 2, 2008 8:31 AM) where Hannes Kuehnemund from SAP will keep us updated : [No longer able to renew licenses for SAP Netweaver 2004 Linux Testdrive?|;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem:

The System NSP can no longer be chosen to extend the license on the /www.sap.com/minisap website. If I select N4S, I am getting a key that is much longer than the 24 digits key that I received previously.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rumour : something is changing... official communication coming "soon" (I hope!)

younghwan_kim
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I saw the next comment on the download page. I think they won't offer license extension anymore.

Update: SAP's developer products include a 30-day grace period. The 90-day evaluation allowance is no longer available at this time. Please remember to backup your projects before your copy expires.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Kim.

It appears only at high level pages, for example [SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment Downloads|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ce-downloads], [Software Downloads|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/software-downloads?startindex=21], [Downloads|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads].

I guess that they added this message around June 1st, which would explain it doesn't work since July 1st.

But they didn't change neither the license (yet) - still 90 days, nor the minisap license renewal page (forbiding renewals, but no clear message).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have this problem. Any news?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having the same issue. Today I tried to get a new license key for my sneak preview NSP system but I did not see the system listed on the site. So not sure how to renew the license..

If anyone has any info on getting the new license key, please share...

Regards,

Mayur

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Klaus Keller did not answer to me yet. Waiting.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I saw this thread ; it says it's wanted by SAP but it seems weird [Renew License Problem - Option NSP and J2E (7.0) Windows Not Available|;

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. NSP is not offered ...

Rigas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What I would suggest is to contact the moderator. They would help you out surely.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry for this probably stupid question, but how do we contact the moderator ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this link for list of forun moderators and you may want to view his/her business card to check the email and alternate email for contact.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/community/forum+moderators&;

Also perhaps you can send an email to sdn@sap.com and ask to redirect to specific moderator.

The moderator for Web AS Preview Installation is Klaus Keller.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx a lot for your help, Deepak, I will send an email to Klaus now.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have the same problem !

Only these system Ids may be selected :

MBS - R/3 4.6D

CTB - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (Java) x86 MaxDB

N4S - SAP NetWeaver 2004s x86_64 MaxDB

N4S - SAP NetWeaver 2004s x86_64 DB2

LNX - SAP Basis R/3 4.6B x86 MaxDB

Where are NSP and all the others ?