cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opatch lsinventory shows 4 products installed 9i and 10g.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have upgraded 9i to 10g in separate dir.

but when i do opatch lsinventory it shows

Lsinventory Output file location : /oracle/DA1/102_64/cfgtoollogs/opatch/lsinv/lsinventory2008-06-30_17-42-15PM.txt

-

Installed Top-level Products (4):

Oracle Client 10.2.0.1.0

Oracle Database 10g 10.2.0.1.0

Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Patch Set 1 10.2.0.2.0

Oracle9i Database 9.2.0.1.0

There are 4 products installed in this Oracle Home.

please advise.

Anu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

when i checked below file i found the entries for 9i.

/oracle/SID/102_64/inventory/ContentsXML/comps.xml.

Thanks,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephan,

But i have one more question.

one host is having 4 systems. I have upgraded all 4 systems to 10g in similar fashion.

When i do opatch lsinventory, all 3 three systems shows the correct o/p except the 4th.

As you said i checked /oracle/SID/oraInventory/ContentsXML/inventory.xml

but not getting y it is nt showing 9i entry in others and only in this system????

I hope u r getting y i am confused.

I ll uninstall the software for the one for which i am fawcing the problem and let u know.

thanks a lottt!!!!!!!!! for ur help.

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone thorugh the note thanks it is a good reference.

But I have installed my Oracle 10g in separate ORACLE_HOME, still y it is showing both 9i and 10g installed?

Thanks,

Anu.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anu,

> But I have installed my Oracle 10g in separate ORACLE_HOME, still y it is showing both 9i and 10g installed?

That is the way it works. The global inventory is not related to ORACLE_HOME. It contains information about all installed oracle software on the server (with different ORACLE_HOME locations).

The local inventory which is located in the ORACLE_HOME is installation dependent and includes information about the patchlevel and patches of this ORACLE_HOME.

The global inventory is only updated if you are using the OUI for uninstalling the oracle 9i software.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please tel me what do I check in detail?

Anu

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anu,

what do you want to check in detail?

You have installed the oracle 10g software parallel to the oracle 9i software, because of the upgrade.

After that you maybe removed the oracle 9i directory only and didn't used the OUI uninstaller.

If you only delete the directories, the global software inventory is not be updated.

Regards

Stefan

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anu,

this information comes from the "Global Inventory".

Metalinknote #360079.1 describes this:

Global Inventory

The Global Inventory is the part of the XML inventory that contains the high level list of all oracle products installed on a machine. There should therefore be only one per machine. Its location is defined by the content of oraInst.loc.

The Global Inventory records the physical location of Oracle products installed on the machine, such as ORACLE_HOMES (RDBMS and IAS) or JRE. It does not have any information about the detail of patches applied to each ORACLE_HOMEs.

The Global Inventory gets updated every time you install or de-install an ORACLE_HOME on the machine, be it through OUI Installer, Rapid Install, or Rapid Clone.

Note: If you need to delete an ORACLE_HOME, you should always do it through the OUI de-installer in order to keep the Global Inventory synchronized.

Regards

Stefan