cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you force a "connector container" to start?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all -

We were having a problem with a UD Connect source, so I went into services, connector container like normal. The unnormal finding was that the "sap.com/com.sap.ip.bi.sdk.dac.connector.jdbc" connector was red. I then tried to start it, but I get this message:

ava.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application in whole cluster and wait.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: The operation startApp with application sap.com/com.sap.ip.bi.sdk.dac.connector.jdbc will fail, because the application status is STOPPING .

It will not start because it thinks it's stopping, not stopped. Any suggestions? Will a restart of the j2ee engine fix this?

Thanks, Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Read this blog:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but this thread did not help. This is a connection that has been in use for quite a while. For some reason it showed red this morning - this usually happens when SQL server gets recycled. I cannot get it started because the system says the status is "stopping" - not "stopped". I'm trying to find if there is a way to force the start.

Thanks, Ken