cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR Conflicts - Name Conflict

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Whne we tried to assemble the components in CMS, we got an "Assembly Failed" error. The log gave the following info:

Info:Starting Step Check-assembly at 2008-06-30 15:19:16.0356 +3:00

Info:Checks for software component <SC name> are performed now:

Info:2DTR conflicts

Info:Step Check-assembly ended with result 'error' ,stopping execution at 2008-06-30 15:19:16.0728 +3:00

We checked the DTR through the "Conflict Search" tool and it listed the following.

When we check for the "Conflicting Version" of each of the following, it points to the same file in the same path.

1. /DCs/abc.com/mdm/lib/_comp/.dcdef ( Conflicting version: /DCs/abc.com/mdm/lib/_comp/.dcdef )

2. /SCs/abc.com/ABC_MDM/_comp/TopLevelDCs/abc.com mdm lib.dcref ( Conflicting Version: /SCs/nokia.com/NOKIA_SBM_MDM/_comp/TopLevelDCs/nokia.com mdm lib.dcref )

The type of conflict is "Name Conflict". Any idea how we can resolve the conflict?

_Additional Information_

We had deleted this DC "mdm/lib" from the DTR earlier and recreated it (due to some change in requirements) using the same name "mdm/lib" without any problem. Now the DTR repository browser shows just one DC with this name. Also there are no errors in CBS. There is a reservation in the SLD Name Server for mdm/lib.

Thanks in Advance,

Reena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I managed to solve this on my own. Followed the below step to solve it:

1. In NWDS, DTR perspective, go to the "Integration Conflicts" view

2. Right click on the conflict and choose "Resolve Conflict" -> "Accept Active"

3. Create a new activity and check it in.

4. Activate the activity

After this the conflicts were resolved and I managed to assemble the components.

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

I am facing similar issue,

In DTR perspective, in which buildspace you did "Resolve Conflict" -> "Accept Active" ? Active or Inactive?

Can you please help me?

Thanks and regards,

Amey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Development build space. Also, if "Resolve Conflict" -> "Accept Active" option is grayed out (Not enabled) use

"Resolve Conflict" -> "Accept collide" option. If there are say 3 name conflicts, u can use same activity name for all of them.

Once u check in those activities, they are activated automatically.

You should release them in the same order you created them.

And you can use the same for transport too.