cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Number ranges for each company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need your help in this question, please.

I need a number range for PO for each company, this is possible in SRM? For example, for company XPTO the PO number is 100000 - 199999, for the company YZT the number is 100000-199999.

On module MM exist one user-exit, but in SRM i don't find that user-exit.

Thank's for your help.

Paulo Costa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if the BADI enhancement BADI_NUMBER_GET_NEXT can help you in any way.

Regards, IA

pedro_santos6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Paulo,

Would you like to use the same number range in 2 companys?

I think its not possible, but you can create 2 transaction types with 2 diferents number ranges, like this:

BUS2201 - Purchase Order

Company A - ZTEST - 100000 - 199999

Company B - YTEST - 200000 - 299999

Rgs,

Pedro Marques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Pedro Marques,

Thank's for your answer, but what we need is a diferent number range for each company.

We need a solution like the user exit that exist in MM (MM06E003) to assign a number to a PO by company.

Thank's in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Are you using classic? If you are the easiest way to do this is to define 1 big number range on your PO type in the backend, say 1000000000 to 5000000000.

Then you can define lots of different number ranges in SRM within the 1 range in the backend, for example 1000000000 to 19999999999 as 1 range, then 2000000000 to 29999999999 and so on.

Then use BADI BBP_BS_GROUP_BE method GET_NUMBER_OR_RANGE to choose a differnet range in SRM based on whatever criterea you want.

When it passes to the backend it will all be within the 1 big range, but each smaller part of the range can be used to identify whatever.

Alternatively you could use the BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW BADI to have a different document type in the backend based on company code. This would mean checking your security and so on though and would be more work.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paulo,

We are having similar issue.

Is your issue resolved? If so please share the solution to the forum members.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had this same problem amongst many others with the PO module - in the end we put on a new web interface to pass the data back to SAP and it solved all of our purchasing issues including ease-of-use and training. We used the eProcurement tool from Mikrofax eProcurement Solutions at [www.mikrofax.com |http://www.mikrofax.com ] hope this helps.

Andrew.