cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InputField not open for input

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created couple of input fields on a view. When I execute the application, these fields are not input enabled on the browser. Do I have to do something to make them input enabled?? I think I have set the right properties(?).

These are Elementproperties of InputField:

enabled = true

id = SalesOrgInput

length = <>

passwordfield = false

size = standard

state = required (I have tried normal too)

tooltip = <>

value = InputValues.SalesOrg (from the view's context)

visible = visible

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply(s).

I think I have done the binding. Here is my Controller code. It follows the same code Bertil suggested. Am I missing something here?

public void wdDoInit()

{

//@@begin wdDoInit()

bapiInput = new Z_Sd_Customer_Getdata_200_Input();

wdContext.nodeZ_Sd_Customer_Getdata_200_Input().bind(bapiInput);

bapiInput.setIn_Sales_Org(new String());

bapiInput.setIn_Distr_Channel(new String());

bapiInput.setIn_Division(new String());

//@@end

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, looks good for me. Please recheck the view context model node binding, if it's correct (bound to input, not output for example).

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two nodes in the views context.

The first node Z_Sd_Customer_Get_Data_200_Input is a model node Context-Mapped to the same named model node in the component controller.

The second node InputValues is a value node with value attributes like SalesOrg, Division etc. The InputField SalesOrgInput value (in properties) is set to InputValues.SalesOrg. I do not have this mapped to any model node attribute.

What do I have to do to input enable an InputField on the view without having to map it to a Model node?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I found the problem - my context node (InputValues) had a cardinality of 0..n and when I changed it to 1..1 the InputFields opened up! My application is now working!!

Thank you all for your help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have had this problem before.

The solution i found is you have to do the proper binding.

For example if you have a model based on an adapted RFC with the name zz_xyz and a context node abc which is binded to this model you have to do the following in the DoInit of the controller:

Zz_xyz_Input whatever = new Zz_xyz_Input();

wdContext.nodeabc().bind(whatever);

Make sure that in your view you do the proper context binding.

maybe this will help

Bertil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the model node the ui elements are bound to is empty. Please search this forum for "readonly inputfield" for possible solutions.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan