cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

can anyone help out how to connect from webservice to xi in realtime.

because my scenario is soap to rfc that was done and i am checking the data by creating wsdl file which we will do in ID following the five steps.

But when client give the data at runtime how it is going to connect xi.

plzzzzz very urgent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hope this two blogs are helpful:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong you are exposing a webservice in XI and want to invoke the web service from ws client. For this you just need to provide the following url in the ws client and pass te data.

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<service>:<channel>;

Thanks

Amit

Reward point if answer is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank for giving reply

but not that's the case

i did soap to rfc and it was successful i checked it out in xml spy.

my ? from where client is going to trigger and how it is going to connect xi at runtime

suppose he is giving values at runtime how it is going to connect xi

i think now ur more clear

plzzzzzzz help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Values will come at runtime only always. For that client has to write web service client application either in java/.net anywhere and will send the values populated in the structure(provided by you in the form of wsdl), will invoke the url. the data will come in the form of xml over soap request to XI as the url is pointing to the xi server.

Please go through the link on webservices and you will know how web services work.

Thanks

Amit

Reward points if suggestion is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

but in sender where we will give url to create wsdl in ID to test in xml spy but how we connect from webservice to xi i mean wht r the parameters we have to pass in communication channel where enduser connect directly to xi at runtime.

plzz dont mind sir its very urgent because i am working at client place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting confused with your question. can you mentioned in point wise.

1. Do you need to generate wsdl to give to your client?

You can do it by going to ID-> Tools ->Define WebsErvice -> Select your Sender service, Message Interface, namespace and it will generate wsdl which you can give to your client appluication. As such there is no url from where you can get this wsdl.

2. Channel configuration:

Create a SOAP Sender Adpater, the parameters will be only Default Interface name and namespace.

Regarding how the clinet invokes your application and what code it really should not bother you. As a XI consultant your part is to give them the wsdl, url and action and help in testing.

I hope it solves your question.

Thanks

Amit

Reward point if solves your query

Former Member
0 Kudos

so do u mean like

after giving the wsdl and url the client will open the xml spy and specify the values r wht.

sorry sir because i am confused.

i will explain clearly wht had i done.

i used soap adapter as sender and imported wdsl file through external defenition

and in id i followed all steps to create wsdl to test in xml spy i think now ur clear

but now wht i have to say to client how to trigger this scenario from his side and wht info i have to give me to trigger from his side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client shoud make use of the WSDL file supplied by you . Other than the WSDL file you will also have to give the SOAP address location URL which will be in the format .

http://Server:Port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:Sender Business Service Name:Sender Communication Channel name.

Btw before giving this URL i hope you have created the sender SOAP communication channel .

Hope you will find this helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I have mentioned above also you just need to provide the wsdl(which you have already done), the url which I have given above and the userId/pwd(xi) for connecting to XI server.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u sir

for giving info now i am clear wht i have to give client.

i gave u full point sir

but last ? to know generally

after giving info to him i mean wsdl file and url how he will trigger from his side

i mean like he will open the url wht we gave to him r wht.

plz clarify sir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

He won't open the url directly but will post the data to the url given above from his ws client

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks lot

my client is saying that his data is going to update for every few sec and it should update directly in r/3

but after getting data in r/3 side and if i make any changes in data it should get reflected in his webservice

can u plzzzzz help me out how to do this scenario do i need to do sceduling for this

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A Guide to Using SAP XI SOAP Adapter

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/index.php/2008/03/16/xipi-a-guide-to-using-sap-xi-soap-adapter/

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

/people/william.li/blog/2007/04/17/debugging-webservices-in-a-soap-receiver-scenario

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/testing-xi-exposed-web-services

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/05/31/how-to-use-client-authentication-with-soap-adapter

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi

/people/himadri.chakraborty2/blog/2006/12/14/achieving-asbo-gbo-asbo-scenario-using-soap-adapter

/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/05/21/handling-web-service-soap-fault-responses-in-sap-netweaver-xi