cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find outthe difference between the two serivce patch of Netweaver04s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed NetWeaver04s with sp13 patch. We want to upgrade this to latest patch avaiable on sap market place. I could see sp22 is the latest patch. I know all the procedure to download the patch. But before downloading I have to find out the difference between the latest patch available i.e. SP22 and the current patch installed i.e. SP13.

Could anybody guide me how to see the difference between any two patches avaiable on the SAP market place?

Let me know if you need more information on this.

--Chandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandan,

If you are using Maintanenance Optimizer things are even more simplified.

PS: What happened to your problem about classloader ? What did SAP say ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

The problem is not yet solved. We have sent Message to SAP but have not got any response yet. We are waiting for the same.

I will let you know once We hear from them. If you also find some other solution then let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

We have received a response from SAP. They have directed me to SAP note 990854. I had gone through it. But not understanding anything from it. It expects some implementation from ourside which is not feasible for us in current situation. So finally we have decided to override the Netweaver jar which the one from our application in order to solve the problem as I donot see any solution for this.

If you could solve this problem in future, I kindly request to let us know .

Thanks & regards,

Chandan

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandan,

I think its best to listen to SAP, let them know that the suggestion they have provided is not feasible, ask them for alternatives.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

We had communicated to SAP and asked for the alternative solution. Unfortunately, they donot have any other solution.

I have already posted the issue we are facing. But following is the detail description of what we are looking for. If you could suggest any solution, that would be very nice.

System Information: We are using Netweaver 2004s with SP6 patch.

Problem Statement: We are looking for a way to configure class loading strategy in NetWeaver 2004S to Parent Last.

Problem Description:

Our application is using jaxrpc.jar. We want to upgrade to a more recent version. For this, we upgraded the version of jaxrpc.jar in our application. However, when we deploy the application, it still uses the older version of jaxrpc.jar which are present in NetWeaver system directories (<drivename>:\usr\sap\<Sys ID>\J2E\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\webservices_lib folder).

This is happening perhaps because the application server is configured for Parent First class loading strategy by default. Is there any way to instruct the application server to look for jars files and libraries in the application classpath first, before looking for it in the application server or system classpath?

We referred to SAP note 990854 but couldnt gather much from it.

This is blocking our development efforts. So an early response will be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you need more information on this.

Thanks,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddesh,

Got some information on google. Other servers have option for this in application-j2ee-engine.xml.

Can I specify the entry of this jar in application-j2ee-engine.xml ?so that at run time this jar will be used for loading.

Could you please provide your input on the same.

Thanks,

Chandan

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandan,

Unfortunately i am out of options too, I do NOT recommend going against advice from SAP. You can decide to wait and see if someone has a solution for this ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddesh,

Currently we are using NetWeaver 04S. If we upgrade it to NW 7.1 or NW 7.1.1 , will the problem solve? does these version supports Axis 1.4. If yes, we can upgrade the setup to desired version of Netweaver.

Let me know your inputs on this.

Regards,

Chandan

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandan,

As i said earlier, you need to take advice of SAP for this, since you are asking on whether to overwrite SAP's own jar files.

I cannot give you an advice on overwriting standard SAP code.

Also regarding upgrade to Netweaver, check with SAP on what would be the version of the appropriate jar files in the upgrdaded version.

I am repeating again, please consult SAP and proceed as they propose.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For single patch info, if you click the INFO link in window from where you download the patch. You will get the information related to that patch.

eg

SAPJEE05_0-10003469.SCA SP05 for SAP J2EE Engine 7.00 0 Info 53976 14.12.2005

Try out this, can help you (some navigation required)

http://service.sap.com/sp-stack

Select your Product:

Select Source and Target Release and Componenets. Click Next

Navigate under "Additional Information"

eg:

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) Support Package Stacks

can be found on the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) Support Package Stacks Info-Pages for each available Support Package Stack

In the next window; again navigate further: you can find like this

New functionality available with the relevant SP Stack is described in Section "Release Notes" as part of the SAP Library. Please refer to SAP Help Portal -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 -> Release Notes. Each scenario folder contains the new functionality available for each SP Stack.

eg.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/5b/8c3842bb58f83ae10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

This would give you information of changes in different releases.