cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between Bentley AutoPlant products and CAD DESKTOP

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I will be much thankful to anyone who can throw some light on the following.

There is a range of CAD software known by the name Bentley AutoPlant. This is quite an extraordinary product range which seats on the piggyback of AutoCad and provides its own intelligence. It adds its extra menu in the standard AutoCad package. There are products like

1 AutoPLANT P&ID:

Bentley AutoPLANT P&ID is an AutoCAD-based program that lets you create intelligent piping and instrument diagrams, process flow diagrams and other Piping Schematics

2 Bentley Instrumentation & Wiring:

Bentley Instrumentation & Wiring is the ideal tool for creating loop diagrams, termination diagrams, motor schematics, single line diagrams and Foundation Fieldbus Segment diagrams.

Likewise there are 2D and 3D packages.

These packages do not create their own file formats but deal in standard DWG, DXF as well as MDB (Microsoft Access) . You can take output in whichever format you choose. They have a kind of intelligence built in them and thatu2019s why they can create their own BOMs, Datasheets etc.

Does anyone know if there is any CAD DESKTOP interface available for Bentley AUTOPLANT software? Does it really require any interface because it does not create its own formats? As per SAP note 515873

The following interfaces are supported

1 PLM INTEG. CATIA V4

2 PLM INTEG. CATIA V5

3 PLM INTEG. PRO/ENGINEER

4 PLM INTEG. SOLID EDGE

5 PLM INTEG. SOLIDWORKS

6 PLM INTEG. UNIGRAPHICS

7 PLM INTEGRATION AUTOCAD

8 PLM INTEGRATION I-DEAS

9 PLM INTEGRATION INVENTOR

Regards,

Shamsundar D Bapat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This AutoPLANT software is woking on AutoCAD and It doesnt creates its own file formats.

You can create diagrams and save in the same format of AutoCAD eg, Dwg, Dxf etc.

You can use the CAD Integration Interfaces to Integrate AutoCAD and SAP.

For that you can reach the PLM Alliance team and get more clarifications.

or else u can reach the appropriate interface providers and get the details.

For SAP CAD interface you need to install software developed by PLM Alliance

CAD Integration solutions are developed by SAP Partner for each CAD Integration

For AutoCAD/ AutoDesk INVENTOR / Solid Edge & Solid works/ Microstation - CIDEON Software

For CATIA V4,V5 - CEINIT

For Pro/Engineer - .RIESS Engineering

For Unigraphics - DSC

The Software are distributed by SAP.

Customization is taken care by development partner

Regards,

MRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bentley makes their own connector to SAP as far as I understand. I suggest you contact them and you should be able to get more details on it.