External processing

pravin_malviya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Iu2019ve some confusion regarding external processing,

Will somebody throw light on this?

Some equipment are installed to superior function location/equipment,

After reaching to certain condition,Equipment is dismantled and send to external companies,

For repairing,

Equipment is dismantled, then Iu2019ve to do goods movement for transferring it to storage location?

or I can create order directly for external repairing?

If goods movement has to be done, then through which goods movement it can be done?

For external processing if Iu2019ve define external company as work center, then cost will be calculated as per formula defined ?

As external processing is done through control key PM02, Then system will create PR,

Again if PO should be created from PR?

This is confusing

Please give step wise procedure

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

>Equipment is dismantled, then Iu2019ve to do goods movement for transferring it to storage location?

or I can create order directly for external repairing?

If goods movement has to be done, then through which goods movement it can be done?

you can use the IE4N [Dismantling Equipment with Simultaneous Goods Movement |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/bb/fa0212c983854eab12a3c044f25eeb/content.htm]

Also refer for [Movement and Special Stock Types for Installation and Dismantling|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/1d/b83f8b5614d84b8e7c7e004eb59bf6/content.htm]

If you defined the external workcenter then no need for creating PR ,just porceed as internal order and confirm the activities ,then once in a month you can invoice them wil Purchase order seperately

regards

thyagarajan

Edited by: thyagarajan krishnamurthy on Jul 1, 2008 9:14 AM

pravin_malviya
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,,

is there any other goods movement besides IE4N ? (for transferring faulty piece of equipment to storage location)

Because,for enabling IE4N,Dimp Activation was required,it caused lot malfunctioning in MIGO Transaction,when it that Dimp was activated,,

so as of now i can not use IE4N,,please Let me know if there is any other movement type for this,,,

one more thing i want to know is if i map external company as work center then which formula should be used?

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can use of the link i provided in the above thread for movement types,also you cannot stratiway transfer your equipment ,you have to do with material no .

if you have defined the workcenter as external company then you can follow as per the standard internal order itself ,ie you can use the standard formula in workcenter

regards

thyagarajan

Answers (0)