cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to extract SAP RFC SDK 6.x/7.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I downloaded SAP RFC SDK 6.2,6.4,7 and 7.1 and tried to extract it using SAPCAR.Unfortunately I can't extract it. SAPCAR says: "error opening <filename>

Using Windows XP, IIS 5.1

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for answering that quickly. Unfortunately, there's still the same error ;( Any suggestions?

Edit: Here's a screenshot: http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3006nb4.png

As far as I know, it should be possible to open the .sar file with winzip/winrar, right? If I'm trying to open the .sar file with winrar, an error pops up: "corrupted file...:"

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Edited by: Martin Hornstein on Jun 30, 2008 1:57 PM

Edited by: Martin Hornstein on Jun 30, 2008 1:59 PM

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why don't you move the .SAR file to a directory with smaller name/path ( since i think this could be a SAPCAR filename buffer problem).

For example, you can move the file SDK.SAR file to the location: c:\asd

and then run the command as:

SAPCAR -xvf C:\asd\RFC_9-20001783.SAR -R C:\asd

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you very much. It worked. Although I can't understand why it's necessary to explicitly add the -R option AND the source directory as well as the target directory for extraction have to be the same (e.g. C:\asd).Extracting tarballs should be the same. There its possible do extract the files in the source folder where the "tar"-file is located without the need to add a target parameter...

kind of confus(ing)ed...

Thanks,

Martin

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't remember right now, but sometime back, i thought i had faced a similar issue.. so maybe for me it developed into a habit to use the -R option

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAPCAR normally uses default extracting directory, which may not exist on your machine.

Try using the -R option

SAPCAR -xvf <file to extract> -R <target directory>

Regards,

Siddhesh