cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Am an ABAPer with one and half years of ABAP exp.

Please tell me which career line out of following is best for me

marketwise-

1)CRM Techno functional

2)SRM technofunctional

3)SCM techno functional

4)XI

5)BI

And why?

Thanks.

Edited by: sandeep d on Jun 30, 2008 1:06 PM

Edited by: sandeep d on Jun 30, 2008 1:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are going to get many different answers on this ... but here are my opinons:

1. Get out while you can!!! Get a job in the travel industry and see the world!!! haha, just kidding.

I would rank the applications in the following order:

1 - XI

2 - BI

3 - SCM techno functional

4 - CRM/SRM

why? Because XI is the most complicated and has least amount of knowledgable people in the industry. On top of normal AS-ABAP, you will also have to focus on AS-JAVA and maybe even designing (landscape, adapter definition, etc.). If you are good in XI, you can do good in CRM and SRM.

BI is complicated in a way that ... you need to be able to handle large volumes of data while tuning programs which have different select conditions every day (depending on the way BI is used). If you like ABAP and inter-SAP system performance tuning, this will be your cup of tea right here.

SCM - Eh ... I can't put w/ livecache. It's proprietary and almost a non-desired skill if one day you decide to leave the SAP world. Besides that, it's just a normal ABAP environment w/ customized C programs to interface w/ livecache. Again, not very interesting.

CRM and SRM - Well ... we have in-house tried to implement these application twice already. Both times the project came crashing down. Contract management, something we are interested in, is already covered in R/3/ECC. SRM was just a "let's see what's in there", which resulted in "there's nothing there we want/need".

Again, this is my 2 cents from my experiences. A CRM specific basis person would probably be in flames of anger after reading this. But hey, these are (again) just my 2 cents.

Answers (0)