cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc performance tuning...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some scnerio running at my client's site...there are scenario like file to idoc and idoc to file....the scneario are running fine but it takes a lot of time to process...

Please give me some tips like change in paramters (logging OFF) to fine tune the scneario's.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread..

former_member251078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please have a look into the following SAP notes, could be helpful.

Yours Sincerely

Dileep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there are a few things you can do.

On the File to IDoc side:

If it is possible from your source system you can split the file into multiple parts and have multiple communcation channels picking up the file.

If it is a flat file you have the option of also using the function recorsets per message.

When delivering them to SAP if you have a sceanrio where you are mapping to many IDocs you can use IDoc Bundling. This will ensure one call to the SAP system with Many IDocs encapsulated in that call as oppose to many calls.

On the IDoc to File Side

You can also send multiple IDocs in one call which is a good options in some cases.

Yould also look into setting specific queues for your scenarios.

Sorry I know this is not a step by step guide but hopefully it points you in the right direction.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link:

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2007/04/27/performance-tuning-checks-in-sap-exchange-infrastructurexi-part-iii

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

See this link if help full

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2007/04/20/performance-tuning-checks-in-sap-exchange-infrastructurexi-part-ii

Kulwinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

helpfull......but m looking for info specific to idoc scenario's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

came to know that:

sxmb_adm-->Logging if equal to 0 can ijmprove the performance of the scenario's.

I want to know what can be repercussions of this on idoc and other scenario's.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general the Logging parameter is set to 0 in all production environments in view of better performance.

It is set to non zero is development and test systems only.

Regards,

Ravi