cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No color when printing on pcl5 driver for canon iR 2880i

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem printing from SAP (both sapscript and forms) to Canon iR 2880i using PCL5.

No color is printed, only grayscale and images in forms are also not correctly printed.

I have tried few SAP drivers, delivered by canon and also SAP. (HP color pcl5 drivers)

I did also have the same problem with HP color 3800 printer but there I could solve the problem by using POST2 postscript driver, but the canon printer does not have postscript emulation installed.

I have both tested with access methods C and U but not via sapsprint. Frontend color printing works fine with the printer but I need this for background printing.

So it looks like this is a problem with PCL5 drivers in general.

Can anyone help me with this and give me troubleshooting tips.

Regards

Sindri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sindri,

What device type do you use?

You can try the following one: SAPWIN : Rel.4.x/SAPlpd 4.09+

This is the one we use but I can't confirm you that it will work for ADS document...

Best regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sindri,

We had exactly the same problem with our Canon copiers IRC 2880i. We contacted both Canon and SAP several times without success. No drivers we received from them can print in colors.

What we did to solve our problem:

We installed SAPSPRINT on our print server and configured all printers in SAP with Print method S.

In this case a windows driver is use and we can print in colors on every type of printers.

Please note that if you don't have a print server you can install sapsprint on a simple windows computer and define your Canon 2880i printer on this host.

Best regards,

Olivier Vanderperre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olivier, thank you for your helpful answer.

This partly works for me but, unfortunately i cannot get sapsprint to work with adobe document services outputs.

Do you have any solution how I can get sapsprint to work with ADS outputs?

Best Regards

Sindri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried this:

SPAD -> Select printer in question -> Output Attributes -> Select "Color printer" -> Save.