Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGEN Unable to open file REPLIST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have two questions for You, which annoy me little bit :

1. transaction SGEN - which option should i use after installing support package (fo example SAP_AP, SAP_HR etc)

2. in transaction SGEN when i try to run second option " regenerate after SAP upgrade" i recive alert "Unable to open file REPLIST \usr\sap\ERP\DVEBMGS11\work\" . I have checked all HardDisks of my server and i didn't find this file.

How to fix it ?

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, if u're not able to get the file from CD, just create new empty file REPLIST in the directory and run sgen again.

Make sure, the file is created the same privileges like the other files placed already there. F.e.:

-rw-rr 1 <sid>adm sapsys 0 yyyy-mm-dd mm:ss /usr/sap/<sid>/<instance>/work/REPLIST

It's not proper way for sure, but it worked for me .

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Replist is made by the system during instalation or just copyied from CD ?

Any posibility to copy it again from CD , will it work ?

any other sugestions fixing it ?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

REPLIST is a list of the objects that were generated before the upgrade so even if this is not the first time that you run sgen it will make it quicker than running the full SGEN...

If the file doesn't exist i don't see any issues coming by copying the file again.

That's my 2 cents.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the begening of this post i have said that there is no Replist file in usr\sap\ERP\DVEBMGS11\work, and I have checked it.

So You are saing that tere is no posibility to fix REPLIST file, or You just dont know how to ?

BR.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Originally the REPLIST file comes with one of the installation export CD's...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan,

but using "Generate all objects of selected Software Components" is a just long time taking walk around, which i am using already.

Any other ideas ?

Regards

Lukasz

Edited by: Lukasz Wozniak on Jun 30, 2008 12:37 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

REPLIST should be located at /usr/sap/<sid>/<instance>/work directory (or if you go to al11 see DIR_HOME and thats the location)

If the file doesn't exist for some reason then you have no choice but running a full SGEN.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To avoid that issue just use "Generate all objects of selected Software Components" and pick the ones related to the upgraded components or ultimately select them all.

Regards

Juan