cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant creation problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i get an error while i create variants for a report. the error is <b>Invoking Handler by Batch User Not Allowed</b>. what's the cause of it? how to solve it?

i work in the transaction <b>SA38</b> the program name is MEREP_DISTRIBUTOR. there is no variant for this report that exists in my server.

the user has SAP_ALL authorization.

Thanks in advance,

ak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

The program MEREP_DISTRIBUTOR specifically checks if a batch user can invoke handler by handler control record.

Go to Transaction MEREP_PD(Profile Dialog) and go to the "Run Time Component Tab" and under the Screen Frame "Handler", there is a check box for "Batch user may differ from logon user", and you will not get the error message any more.

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, don't forget to assign me some points.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ak,

from the ABAP Coding of MEREP_DISTRIBUTOR it does not matter if you execute the report in batch or online mode.The Error Message always comes when the table merep_608 didn't contain a flag('X') in the field bach_user.

Here is the coding:

• Check if batck user can invoke handler by handler control record

select single batch_user from merep_608

into ldf_batchuser_allow .

if ( ldf_batchuser_allow is initial ) .

• dont retry handler by batch user.

prf_rc = 4 .

endif .

This table seems to be a customizing/system table.

Perhaps one of the Forum Experts can tell you where you can set the batch flag or why you should't set it in this case

Regards

Frank Brackmann

Lol,a simultaneous answer from Rahul.

There you have the solultion for filling table merep_608

Message was edited by: Frank Brackmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi frank and rahul,

thanks a ton. keep watching this forum. i need lots of help.

Right Away,

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Is your problem solved? If either Frank's or my solution has solved your problem then you shall close the question by assigning the deserving one 10 points. If you have a better solution you can marked as 'Solved on it my own'.

I am telling this not just for sake of points, but tommorow some one who is searching for same topic will know which is the most effective solution instead doing trial and error to find out of the best.

Hope you don't mind my suggestion.

Warm Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, no problems.

ak