cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining two external services with CAF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to join two external services in one. I need the input parameters of the first service and the output parameters of the second one and the relation between the two services is made by an ID that is common in both services (output of the first service, input of the second). The idea is to make a method that could read the output parameter of the first service and send it to the input parameter of the second service, in order to show the results of the second service. I have made a CAF project but I need extra coding in Java. Could anybody give me a similar example or something that could guide me?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this tutorial https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/108ef7ba-8abd-2a10-f787-d5f29c5f.... Basically, in this tutorial, the result (customer id) of the "Search Customer" from SAP, will be the input parameter for the "Show Additional Customer Details". I guess that's pretty much what you want.

It's good practise to start with Outside-in approach, ie, Create service modeling/definition in ESR, followed by Java implementation which calling the external web service...

hope this helps.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I have sent a mail to this mail id with a attached file -->

'julius3419'

Please have a look at that and provide me some guidance.

It contains the following content :

I have two major doubts at this point:

When I publish my services using WSADMIN or from SOAMANAGER, I choose publish services and endpoints, so why do I have to manually create a service and the endopints for that in SOAMANAGER(SOAMANAGER -> business administration -> web service administration -> search service ).

When I am performing the configuration steps, in the attached .pdf, (page 11 of pdf)we first create a service registry parameter SR_UDDI (do we have to compulsarily give a version number there), we use the Logical Port "LP_WORKPLACE ". But after that step we proceed to create a Logical Port in LPCONFIG I. Proxy Class: "CO_ESREGISTRY_WSSI" II. Logical port: "LP_WORKPLACE". Include a Description , So are we using the Logical Port initially and then creating it ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check htis blog by Dipankar

/people/dipankar.saha3/blog/2007/09/30/using-external-service-in-netweaver-ce-caf-core

Hope it helps