cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

union info from two datasources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following scenario. I have a web service that gets a list of users as input and returns information about these users as list again. I have a start element from where another information about the same users comes into the view. Now I want to have all the information for all users in one table. I thought that the union component would do, but it didnt. It just takes the common column and then the information from the first list is in separate rows as the information from the other list.

Does anyone know what could be done in such case.

Best regards,

v s

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the union operator works apparently not as join as I wanted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi v s,

Can you provide a screenshot of the model. I didn't fully understand the scenario you described.

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for trying to help. I have just now no access to the model, but I can try to explain it better. When I have access I will provide a screenshot too.

I have a web service. Input : List<UserIDs> output List<UserData1>. UserData1 is a record: UserID, UserEmail, UserTel.

I have the in element (for flow into the view), where I have the following structure defined List<UserData2> UserData2 is a record: UserID, UserName, UserAddress. UserID from UserData1 and UserData2 are the same.

Now I want to connect the in element and the web service (data service) element to a table where I want to union the two records according to the UserID, so that I have a table of the form UserID, UserEmail, UserTel, UserName, UserAddress.

I hope it is now more clear. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

v s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the Union operator will not work in this case.So you may create a webservice which will be the combination of two datasources(2 different webservices).

Thanks,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I am not sure if i understood it correctly. Do you mean that I should create another web service out of VC?

Thanks,

v s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes.The input of the new webservice is both userdata2 & userids(which ll be the i/p for webservice1).Now we can call the webservice1 and get the o/p(userdata1).Then we can combine userdata1 and userdata2(o/p of the new webservice).

Thanks,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just wanted to make it in the VC side, not as web service, but probably there is no way.

Thanks and regards,

v s