cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter 5.2 - FF User not able to logon using FFID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a question regarding Firefighter 5.2, i hope you all can help me out in this.

I have a Firefighter user say ABCD , with two roles Z and /VIRSA/Z_VFAT_FIREFIGHTER and a firefighter ID FFID has been assigned.

Now when i assigned FFID to user ABCD he has the previlidge of total four roles W, X, Y, Z

Now the Problem part, Firefighter ID FFID is of type Service, with four roles as mentioned above. Profiles for these four roles gets automatically generated in backend. Now if the user ABCD try to logon to system with firefighter ID, the user is able to write reason and activitiy but not able to go further on the system. The user is stucked to /n/virsa/vfat screen only.

but when i assigned a profile SAP_ALL to Firefighter ID FFID, the user is able to logon very fine. but this should not be the case. this is against Security. Please tell me am i missing some point or is my understanding somewhere wrong.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my understanding, you have assigned W, X, Y, Z roles to FFID FFID.

Then you have assigned this FFID to end user ABCD.

This ABCD user can log into the system using his id ABCD

As you said this user is stuck at /n/virsa/vfat screen only,

can you tell me what exactly is happening after that?

is he able to execute /n/virsa/vfat ?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes user ABCD is able to execute /n/virsa/vfat and the system ask to enter Reason and Action for the current session. When the user enters this info and clicks on green colored check button, the systems keeps on processing for around 20 seconds and finally on the same /n/virsa/vfat screen it shows "Firefighter Release 5.2" on the status bar.

that's it,

another amazing thing i noticed is, if i execute FF front end report for reason codes, the data is coming.

i am not able to understand why the user is not able to logon to system with FFID when the reason and activity is getting logged absolutely fine.

but if i give SAP_ALL profile to FFID then the user is able to logon without issues.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amol-

Please double-check the authorizations and activity fields for your Firefighter role. Those can be found in the FF config/user guide...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Ankur,

Firefighter Role Authorizations and Activities seems fine.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you say with SAP_ALL everything's working fine it must be some authorization issue.

Did you check SU53 for this user? Have a look if some authorization check failed - it will tell you, what authorizations object and field value are missing.

Regards,

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you implemented the user exit for remote log on? And I assume that FFID is a service type user and FFLON has been defined in SM59.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also regenerate the FireFighter Role if possible!

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

I am now trying to troubleshoot with SU53, good idea, thanks for reminding me about it.

BR, Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem has been resolved, somebody had deleted Firefighter Role from firefighter ID FFID.

hahahaha..

Thanks everyone for looking into this.

Regards, Amol