cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Time Out of JDBC adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In one of my scenario i need to get the acknowledgement after the records have been inserted in the database. Can i increase the timeout of JDBC channel in case of synchronous scenario ?

Or else how can i get the acknowledgement if the data to be inserted is huge (Inserting 1 million records) and takes 30 min to 1 hour time.

Thanks

Ajay Garg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

If it is a synchronous call, you will get the Number of records Inserted (count) as the response. Since it takes 1hr 30mins, you will have to increase the timeout period in Source system, XI and also in the DB(permanant/normally much higher).

Better to do this asynchronously, but you won't get a response. Instead in case of any failures, you can configure alerts to be triggered. XI will do the commit only after inserting completely.

rgds,

Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can increase the timeout in case of synchronous scenario but is never recomended to do so. 30 minutes to 1hour is too much time.

You need to change your scenario from Sync to Async. What you can do is create a temp table wihich will update the status each time after all the rows get inserted in database.

Have another JDBC Sender chanel which will keep querying the temp table to see if the new records are inserted or not and based on that you can send response back to the Calling System.

Thanks

Amit

Reward points if suggestion is helpful