cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Interactive Adobe form

0 Kudos

I am having problems getting a form which needs BOTH a dynamic and to be interactive working.

I have code in CALCULATE for FormCalc which controls the .presence attribute of "hidden" and "visible" for a subform based on the values of another field on the form.

When I deploy a Web Dynpro with an Adobe UI element and the mode of the UI element is updatePdf, the form reader rights are allow entry of data and saving the .pdf with data ~ however the dynamics (visible/hidden) of the subform do not work.

If I change the mode to usePdf, the dynamic of the subform work (visible/hidden), but now the form is not savable with data.

I would appreciate and help in getting both dynamic and interactive working on the same form.

It appears the form is STATIC or DYNAMIC based on the mode of the Adobe UI Element???

My perfect end result would be web dynpro which has a tab to download a form and a tab to upload the form. The end user would download the form, fill in the data and save it, then upload when ready. As of now, everything else appear to be working, just can't seem to get the dynamic ability and the save-with-data ability at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rose,

What ADS version you are using?

if its below SP13 then the FormCalc will not work as its not supported.

This may be the reson that the code in FormCalc is not working.

Why it works for Use PDF and not for UpdatePDF..check the following reasons.

1. when you use UpdatePDF the form is processes by adobe document server which also has reader rights credentials asscociated with it which are required for allowing save options for the form.

When the form is processed by Adobe Document Server which is not at SP13 and hence FormCalc scripting is not supported your scripting will not work but reader rights will still allow you to save the form

2. when you use UsePDf option the form is not processed by adobe document server but as you designed the form using adobe designer in NWDS you will not be having reader rights for your form. So scripting will work but you will not be able to save the form.

Hope it may solve your query.

NEx

0 Kudos

Our WAS6.40 is at SP13, I do not know how to check the SP of ADS (this person will be in next week).

In the meantime I noticed SOME of the calculations in FormCalc DO work when the MODE is updatePdf : Arithmetic values for total fields, clearing select fields with CLICK event for a button. It seems like calcs for a value of a field are working.

Is there a special way to handle the .presence attribute? Is it something, for example, it renders once and changing the .presence attribute in CALCULATE event doesn't trip it to 're-render' so the layout stays the same, but the values in the field can reflect changes??

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Problem is solved!

SAP OSS gave me the answer! Code is needed in the wdDoModifyView method to force it to be DYNAMIC as STATIC is the default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rose..

I have the same requirement of hidding the UI elements with the change of checkbox state ..

tried formcalc script but thers no result\

Can u tell me the code u have writtem in wdDoModifyView...

it would be of gr8 help

Swathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have similar problem. We are using a subform which needs to be made visible or invisible based on the user action. This part works fine in the Interactive form preview, however when this is used in webdynpro java application. The dynamic visible/invisible of the subform is not happening. I am not sure what is missing. I understand that you have a solution from OSS. Can you plesae share the code.

0 Kudos

I have verified the ADS is at SP13.

I did see an entry on the ADOBE user forum for my exact problem " cannot get subform to show when setting Presence to visible". However,NetWeaver Developement Studio was not the tool being used so the answer didn't directly apply to me.

I appreciate any solution, comments, suggestions anyone can offer!

Thanks, Rose

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rose,

I would like to comment on NetWeaver Expert's statement that FormCalc is not supported. This statement is INCORRECT. FormCalc, just like JavaScript, has been supported from the first shipment, and NetWeaver Expert must have misunderstood something along the way.

Why it is not working the way you want to is sometimes difficult to investigate.

You also say on top that you would like to have a download and an upload tab for the forms. Can I suggest you realize it as 2 separate views in Web Dynpro? You can look at the Web Dynpro tutorials involving Interactive Forms here in SDN to see how to realize this.

Kind regards,

Marksu Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management