cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to replace the virtual system as the real system in the TMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a standard 3 systems TMS, which is 1 development system (real system, transport domain) and 2 virtual system(QAS and PRD).

And now, I will install the QAS system and replace the virtual system as the real one, How can I do in TMS?

I should delete the old TMS and rebuild the TMS with 1 DEV, 1 QAS and 1 virtual PRD? or just replace the QAS as the real one? What the operation should I do in t-code:STMS?

Many thanks.

BR,

Randy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do it as follows.

1. Remove transport routes (i think it is not mandatory)

2. Remove your Virtual system that you want to replace with physical system

3. Include the Physical system into Domain and accept it from Domain Controller

4. Configure the transport routes.You can see all the transports that were in the import queue of virtual system are now in the import queue of the Physical system that you added.

Only condition is, both Virtual System and Physical System should have same SID.

All the above will be done through STMS

Thanks,

Giri

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi giri,

what is the need to remove transport routes ,

coz by the def of virtual system :: it is same as the real system but acts as a dummy. so we can simply assign the sid of the virtual system to the real physical system.

also already in the domain controller the sids exist. so we don't have to make any further adjustments in the domain controller.

just simply all the work is done by assiging the sids of the virtual with the real system.

regards,

bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you mean that I just should delete the virtual system 'QAS' and add a new phycial system 'QAS' and active the TMS?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pretty much that the deal...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's why i mentioned it as not mandatory.

Thanks,

Giri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi randy,

as far as i know what ever the system id u have given for the virtual systems that must be simply assigned to the real system.

i.e., sid virtual system = sid real system.

that's all .

just try this .................

for further queries , help will be provided..

regards,

bhupesh