cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill to party should be pulled from ship to party.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have scenario in which I want to pull bill to party from ship to party and not from sold to party in sales order. Business requirement have one sold to party say A . This sold to party has 4 ship to party say B,C,D,E. Every ship to party has one Bill to party respectively say L,M,N,O. This scenario is only for one customer and not for all. When ship to is entered in the sales order it should give options to select the bill to party .

I want to know the config steps alongwith the name of the user exit (if it is required for)

Thanks in advance.

James.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

When you create sales documents the business partners are automatically copied from the customer master. In the process, the system accesses the customer master of the sold to party.

To meet your requirement you can follow this procedure. I worked on your requirement and it is working for me.

In customizing you determine that source for bill to party comes from ship to party record.

Go to transaction VOPA, select sales document header button then partner procedures.

Double click TA.

Against BP bill to party partner function, enter source as SH - ship to party and sequence as 1. Save and transport your request.

Now in your ship to master records, in partner functions tab, enter relevant bill to parties.

create your sales order. enter ship to party number. system would automatically determine sold to party. now go to partners tab and check whether system has determined your relevant bill to party.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well done Kamesh. This is really useful information to many forum members including self.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your timely advise.This config is already done. In addition to the business scenario there are two more ship to parties which has bill to parties from sold to party. In that case what else should be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before answering this question, I would like to thank Lakshmipathi for his compliment and James for this interesting scenario.

-

Lets say your new ship to parties are 90 & 91.

Lets say your new bill to parties are 110 & 111.

So your new requirement is when you enter ship to party 90 or 91, bill to party 110 or 111 has to be determined from sold to party.

Am I correct? That's how I understood your question(If this is not you are not looking for, please advise).

In case yes, you could do the following.

In your sold to party record, partners Tab, enter the details of your new ship to parties and bill to parties.

In sales order, enter ship to party and system would pop a box listing bill to parties. You can select one of the bill to parties.

Once selected, system would populate sold to party record field.

This is happening because when you enter ship to party record in sales order, system accesses sold to party from ship to party. Once it accesses sold to party, it lists bill to parties available in this sold to party record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one the issue is solved. I appreciate your timely reply. Sorry for not getting back early as I was occupied with some go-live things.

Answers (0)