cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create with reference button - sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question applies for sales order creation.

When a sales order is created cand 'create with reference button' is selected, system automatically defaults to quotation field?

Is it hard coded that way or can we change it to a different default field Inquiry document number?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is hard coded and depends on document type (target document).

Ex : if Tcode VA01 (sales order), document type = "C" then system proposes Quotation tab.

Look at program :

MV45AF0F_FCODE_COPY

ELSEIF tvak-vbtyp CA vbtyp_auftr.

fcode = fcode_kopieren_angebot.

The value of fcode is used to display the tab.

Regards,

Lionel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in ' vtaa' Tcode we have to maintain inetially copy controls for the documents which r required to take as references to our sales order type.

Now in ur sales documents settings in reference mandatary field u have to maintain as per ur requirement.

Regs,

Ravi duggirala

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create a sales order with function create with reference button, system defaults to quotation field.

If you want to change this to Inquiry or something else, proceed to transaction VOV8 and select your sales order type.

In General category section, field 'reference mandatory' select option 'with reference to Inquiry' and save it.

Next time, you create sales order system automatically pops up a screen to put inquiry document number.

However, this is not required since in a business cycle a quotation is followed by a sales order. It is better to leave system defaults as it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kmaesh

You have suggested to refer to an Inquiry as mandatory reference while creating a Sales order. Is this relation Inquiry to Sales order supported in the Copy control table ?

I do not think it will support.

In the reference dailog box, you will find those 6 tabs. Somebody might have reffered the quotation just before sometime.Possibly that is why it is defaulted.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyumna,

I was replying to a specific question whether we can default to inquiry document number and gave my answer to that specific question.

My system has copy control settings for IN to OR which I presume to be a standard copy control settings in all systems.

As suggested by Ravi, we can add this in copy control table in case it is not available in system.

Regarding your next point, I don't think that is the reason why system is defaulting to quotation.

The reason is because of field 'SD document categ' in sales document type (transaction VOV8).

If you assign C- order, then system would default to Quotation field when you use create with create reference button.

If you assign K - Credit memo request, then system would default to Billing field when you use create with create reference button.

If you assign H - Returns, then system would default to Orders field when you use create with create reference button.

Regards