cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display Smart form in Multiple Languages ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Very Good evening!

How can I print the Smart Form in Multiple Languages like Korea, German and Japneese....

I got a requirement where I need to display the developed Smart form in these languages. As of now it is displayed only in the Language ENGLISH.

Any Suggestions will be appreciated!

Regards,

Kittu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls select the General Attributes select there u can check the radibutton as SELECTED LANGUAGES.

Once the FM is generated by this SMARTFORM then in the IMPORT parameters of this FM we can find one parameter

CONTROL_PARAMETERS type SSFCTRLOP- inside this structure we can fine the LANGUAGE keys I think by pouplating this strture with the required langauages we can trigger the SMARTORM based on the language.

Reply if more help needed.

Regards

Chandralekha

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai Ram Reddy N, Chandralekha, Bhumika Mahawar and ilesh 24x7,

Thank you for your response and time.

The suggestions that you had provided was helpful.

Have a great day ahead!

Regards,

Kittu

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

If you are using same layout for all languages,you can do it by maintaining translation for each language.

Follow the below steps-

1.GO to transaction se63

2.Go to menu bar Translation - > ABAP Objects -> Other Long texts

3.Select FS Forms and styles - > SSF SAP Smart Form

4.Enter Object Name , Source language & Target language and Edit

5.Maintain Target Text

If you want layout changes and format changes for each language, you can control it using conditions in the smartform itself based on sy-langu field.

Last Option : you can create new layouts for each language... Keep it as last option only...

Hope it will solve your problem..

Thanks & Regards

ilesh 24x7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kittu....

I would recommend that you create a single Smart Form in the primary supported language (or the one which you're most comfortable maintaining forms). Embed all necessary logic in this form, and design it with the idea that it would need to be viewable in multiple languages .

Then use transaction SE63 to translate all necessary form components into each desired language -- one by one -- and they will all be bound together under the same form name. In my experience, a basic multi-column spreadsheet (put together with the guidance of professional translators) works well as a translation guide.

The advantages of a single, shared form include: consistent look and feel, avoiding dual maintenance for shared logic (or, in your case, up to 10x maintenance), and simplified output determination. On the other hand, a single form does constrain your design and can make for a more complex implementation.

Hope this is useful

Best of luck,

Bhumika

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can aslo use the SE63 for langauage transaltion for different texts.

one more way we can achieve it is-

In the Print program, we can pass the NAST-SPRAS value to the smartform.

Create the texts for different languages in the windows and give the condition for language selection in condition tab.

Eg : nast-spras = DE for German text

nast-spras = EN for English text

Reward if helpful.

Regards

Chandralekha.

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general attributes of smartform, make sure the language attribute(i.e. radi button selected) is set to translate to all languages or to selected languages and key in the required languages.

Regards,

SaiRam