cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data not uploaded in import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Im new to MDM, I created repository and created table and created a user for this repsoitory.

As I created excel file to enter the data in the table through importing the excel file using Import Manager, Im unable to see the output(data) in the map area target side ie, in the repository, and it is showing as 'NULL' in the first field.

Anyone help me where I did a mistake.

Reagards

Hemanth

Edited by: hemanth muvvala on Jun 29, 2008 9:24 AM

Edited by: hemanth muvvala on Jun 29, 2008 9:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

If you have got the message "Finished importing records" in import manager, then please check at the top of data manager, if you have selected the same table in data manager in which you have imported data using import manager. Like you have imported data into countries table (Destination table in your import manger), but in data manager, table selected is main table. If this is the case you have to select relevant table from drop down on the top of data manager.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

1. Open the Import manager and select Type=Excel and give the file path,stored on ur desktop.

2. Select the Source table and Destination table from the two drop downs available at the top of Import manager screen.e.g.products,name..etc

3. Go to Map Fields/Values tab and map the source field with that of destination field. If both source and destination fields are Flat then no need to do value mapping else you need to map source values with the Destination values.

4. Go to Match Records and select the field available in the Mapped Destination Fields.

5. Select the Default Import Action accordingly whether to Add or Update the records

6. Go to Import Status and check if it is Ready to Import then execute the Import.

7. Check the records in Data Manager after refreshing it.

First try with simple flat fields

Reward if Useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Please follow the below steps for importing data from Excel.

1. Open the Import manager and select Type=Excel and give the file path.

2. Select the Source table and Destination table from the two drop downs available at the top of Import manager screen.

3. Go to Map Fields/Values tab and map the source field with that of destination field. If both source and destination fields are Flat then no need to do value mapping else you need to map source values with the Destination values.

4. Go to Match Records and select the field available in the Mapped Destination Fields.

5. Select the Default Import Action accordingly whether to Add or Update the records

6. Go to Import Status and check if it is Ready to Import then execute the Import.

7. Check the records in Data Manager

First try with simple flat fields

Reward if Useful

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i am also new to mdm , but as per my knowledge , i understand how

you created the rep , like the same way u have to upload the data .

ex... in hierarchy mode there u will creates parent node and some child node is there like same way u have upload the data bottom to up.

but if u did any wrong u may find at upload manager becoz , if u did any mistake in upload system shows......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I just tried to upload data thru excel sheet and the table type is flat.