Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disp+work.EXE - Application Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I downloaded both rars in

c:\netweaver and unzipped the first rar in c:\netweaver as well and started the installation.

After some time the installation was finished without any warnings,

however when I clicked the 'start SAP' checkbox I got the disp+work.EXE application error.

The instruction at "0x0043ffa8" referenced memory at "0x00000030". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Click on Cancel to debug.

When I stop and then start the system with the provided batch programs I get the exact same message...

I tried rebooting the machine, but that didnt help.

I run XP professional, SP 2.

Any hints or tips on this situation ?

Cheers,

T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check Virtual memory in sap system, if it is less increase VM (1500 to 2500MB)

2. Apply latest kernel release/version.

3. Also Check version of disp+work -v at OS level.

4. Finally restart sap system, it should work.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not a basis person, so I have no clue about these things ?

1. Check Virtual memory in sap system, if it is less increase VM (1500 to 2500MB)

How ?

2. Apply latest kernel release/version.

How ?

3. Also Check version of disp+work -v at OS level.

Seems to work, I get a large list of OSS notes.

4. Finally restart sap system, it should work.

In the log I find that it cannot connect to the database, but I can perfectly log in to the database , so maybe there is a last services or host file entry missing ?

Cheers,

T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, change the swap in windows with this path: Start button - Settings -Control Panel - System - Advanced - click the 'Settings' button in the Performance area - Click the Advanced Tab and change the swap as needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same issue on my XP laptop with 1GB RAM. I have increased the virtual memory to minimum of 600 MB to 2000 MB maximum. It is working fine now. check your SWAP space it may be very small.

Thanks Joe.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm,

I wish that had solved it !

I have 2 gigs of RAM and my virtual memory is 4092 Mb...

It still doesnt work...

T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get mine to work I actually used unrar.exe to extract both files manually. I wasn't able to get these working using the unrar feature of programs like 7zip.

I didn't know if you tried that or not.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I considered unrarring both files but then got an overwrite warning and didnt go through.

Did you overwrite the files from the first rar with the ones of the second rar ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did. I went ahead and just wrote over them using the program unrarw32.exe.

- jph

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use winrar.exe to extact the files. and you dont have to do it for both. Unzip the first .rar will automatically extracts the second rar as well. and then just follow start.htm page in \SAPNW7.0ABAPTrialSP12 folder.

good luck.

Regards,

Srinivas