Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW-How to restrict access to queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we restrict queries created by one Super user so that any other super user cannot delete the query.

I understand that we use the object S_RS_COMP1 for query owner but this doesnt seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Yogesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Try to trace and see what is the error.If your system is 3.5 use tcode RSSM to trace

and RSECADMIN in BI7

You will get the missing object

hope this helps

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Try to trace and see what is the error.If your system is 3.5 use tcode RSSM to trace

and RSECADMIN in BI7

You will get the missing object

hope this helps

0 Kudos

Value $USER limits a user to only work on the queries they OWN

0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

I have tried restricting access by $user but the issue here is I have multiple power users having the $USER authorization. So if i create a query with one power user the other power user is able to modify the query/ delete.

Can we restrict this somehow.

Thanks,

Yogesh

0 Kudos

Please check role assigned to power users.

May be they are getting authorizaton from some other role.

hope this helps

0 Kudos

As Trupti suggested, the access might be coming from other roles. Use a good naming convention for queries in S_RS_COMP & S_RS_COMP1 & it may solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tried testing with various combination of $ user with * value for activity and added another S_RS_COMP1 with user as * and activity as 03 and 16. It worked

Still testing it before it can be implemented on the lanscape