cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-direct to another Sold-to-Party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Our client has a scenario wherein, the company will have the main manufacturing unit & no of depots. The goods will be sold from manu. plant directly to customers & there shall also be STO process.

Now in a typical scenario, say, the material has been sold directly to customer from manu. plant. The excise invoice is prepared in the name of the customer.

Now, if the customer cancels the order midway, or rejects the material, the same is re-directd to one of the depots of the company or some other customer, without the material being returned to the manu. plant.

In this case we need to cancel the excise invoice for the original customer & invoice the new customer.

How will we process the excise document in this scenario.

Pls guide on this as there is no AS-IS scenario as of now.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

As far as I can understand, there are 3 processes involved here.

1. Sale to Customer1. We need to complete the SO cycle for this Customer1.

2. If the Customer1 returns the material then we need to have a returns cycle mapped for this and this cycle needs to be completed. Here you will cancel/nullify the invoice, in the way of credit returns to the customer1.

3. You need to have anew Sales Cycle for the new customer.

Even though operationally we re-direct the material to another customer, in the system, i thnk you need to map them separately.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mani.....

Thanks for your reply, but it is very standard you are talking about. Even i am aware it shal happen this way in a std system, but my client suggests that one of their competitors has done it using something they called it SWAP.

Tell me can we SWAP the final invoice from one customer to another, using some development. As far as i know, we cannot change the invoice in SAP, we need to cancel & create another...but my client insists we got to do it that way for all practical purposes.

Pls if you can through some more light on this.

Thanks

Khushal Agrawal