cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert SO warning message into Error Message..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus,

Needs your inputs for the below the requirements.

I need to make the sales order warning message into error message ( For ..SO field PO # & Payments terms & order qty should be greater then 0).

Kinldy help to advice.

Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear dora

As rightly pointed out by Ashish, with incompletion log, you cannot save the order and this being the case, I dont know why you are so particular in changing the standard.

Anyway please check the following to achieve your requirement

- Go to VOV8, select your order type and check the box against [Enter PO number]

- Go to OVA2, select Sales - Header, click on Procedures. Block Standard Order and double click on Fields There check whether the following is maintained

Table::Fld Name::Description::::Screen::::Status:::Warning

For Terms of payment

VBKD::::ZTERM:::::Terms of Pmt::::KDE3::::::03:::::::::X

For order qty (select Sales Item)

VBAP:::::NTGEW:::::Order qty:::::::PKAU::::::04:::::::::X

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmipathi,Ashish,

As suggested above i have checked all those steps earlier itself,that will only warn the user while creating the SO & still allow to save the user SO (Incomplete).But i want to make it as "Error Message" & system should not allow the SO to be saved until those 3 fields have the values entered.

Kinldy suggest how to fullfill this requirement.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

An Incomplete SO is not a SO. The system allows the "incomplete" SO to be saved, so that the data already entered in SO is not lost and the user have to enter it again.

What you are trying to do, is not USER-FRIENDLY. It is very much possible using userexit in the include program MV45AFZZ, but "useless" in my opinion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I agree with you,But its a client requirement that it should not allow the user to SAVE the SO while creating itself.

So...kindly let me know through which userexit i can do it.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sahadev,

The relevant user exit is

MV45AFZZ, inside this check the form FORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE.

However, as already advised, if you don't allow to save that means, once the user terminates the session--he'll re create everything again..

I hope this helps.

Rgds,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once try this use transaction SHD0-screen varient.then mark field what u PO no#, Payment terms as REQURIED .then test it once.

if helpfull award points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

I try to use SHD0 tcode for tcode VA01,but am not able to find the above said 3 fields in the screen varients,Can you kindly let me know under which screen varients i can find these fields.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The incompletion log functionality allows you to save document even when they are not complete. This does not mean that the message you are getting are warning type. Since no further processing of the incomplete document is possible, it should serve your purpose if the fields are defined for the incompletion log.