cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brazil Implementation - ORB Vs OR - Can OR be used for Brazil???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Question: Can we Use OR order Type for Brazil Sales Order Processing?

Observations: 1) Brazil has got unique requirements that the Invoice is called a Nota Fiscal and has unique set of Fields for CFOP, ICMS, IPI and Tax Laws.

2) All the above Nota Fiscal Requirements are Fulfilled Standard by F2B Billing Document Type and a Preceding ORB Sales Document Type.

3) In the Current Landscape of SAP at this location, all the geographies use the Standard Order Type OR and Invoice is F2 Billing Document Type.

Conclusion: My understanding is that SAP has taken lot of time to develop unique SAP Objects specific to Brazil Legal Requirements like ORB, F2B(Nota Fiscal) and Condition Based Tax (CBT).

So by using OR or F2 we will NOT be able to fulfill legal requirements for Brazil and hence we need to use ORB and F2B and corresponding Document Types specific to Brazil.

Needed a second opinion / Check to confirm the Same?

Is there any document talking about ORB Vs OR or F2B Vs F2 with pros and cons for each of the choices for Brazil.

Can someone Please advice.

Thank You

Regards

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Dear Kiran

Please check this help link for Brazil configuration

[Customizing|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/76/f3043b39eec71fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran

We also have come across with same issue now. Our clinet is using std OR globally and now for Brazil rollout also they want to continue with OR. Can You please share your experience like which order type finally you considered and what the main difference between them . Was there any issue anywhere during the usage of OR order type. Your inout would help us to take decison on order types.

Regards

Akbarsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akbarsha!

I’m facing the same issue, we’ve implemented in all countries with the Sales Document Type OR (ZOR) and now, the local consultants request to use for Brazil their own document type (ORB), but we insist to use the global Sales Document Type, is better for the maintenance.

Could you please share your experience? I didn’t see Kiran reply. As you, we have to take a decision!

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

Hi friend,

We have to use ORB for order Config .and LF for delivery and F2B for Billing.TBN item category is used for Brazil like TBN and free godds TBNN.

I mean it's like for brazil you have copy the abovementioned and go a head with config.

Why we have to do ORB instead of OR?)

Since there some country specific checks will automatically taken car by ORB instead of OR ...

For example :

ORB will carrycountry tab in item level sales order where as it is no in case of Or at leaset from ECC 6.0.

CFOP:

It has few parameters like

1)which direction Nota fiscal is triggering(1is incomming NF or 2 outgoing NF)?

2)SKU's moving with in or betwnen states or out side brazil

3)CFOP usuage (Industrial or not)

4)In house production or not

5)Material CFOP(resale,industry ,consumption and drawback process...like DEPB scheme in india)

6)NF space for ST -tax (should consider or not)

7)version of CFOP

8)NF item(refusal,sample item,normal,closed warehouse item)

Taxes:

IPI is fedral tax

ICMS is like state

IIS:Service tax only for service items

ST:State tax

PIS and Cofins are like socila security tax

Taxlaws:These laws are important to display on Nota fiscal.

these laws explain what the NF Document is carrying like IPI tax is there are not for that SKU and Customer....SOme manty things are there.

If you get correctly Tax law in teh order then we are in right track.

Balancing of OR and ORB,regarding this Question can you be in detail so that i can help you if you required .

Please let me know if any thing is required

Regards,

kiran kumar vudatha

Edited by: kiran kumar vudatha on Sep 18, 2008 3:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran Vudatha,

Thank You so much for your detailed reply. Sorry, I could not get back to you earlier on.

But we did make progress and realize OR also Serves the same purpose like ORB with the Country Tab and additional Required Field Values Like Tax Code, CFOP Code, Tax Laws ICMS and IPI. But OR would need a these four fields to be part of Incompletion Procedure.

We could also use the TAN Item Category and Create a Nota Fiscal and or Nota Fiscal electronica and successfully Print the Nota Fiscal.

We will have to fine tune on the Item Categories that we will be using going forward or create new once as required.

So the conclusion is that we can use OR with the relevant Configuration without much Code Changes for Brazil.

Will keep you posted as we progress.

Thank You Once Again.

Regards

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have fair idea on Brazil...please let me now Your Questions in details .Whether you have problem in understanding the TAxes or Nota fiscal configuration .In details please let me know

Regards,

kiran.vudatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Sounds the same name! Thank You for your response.

We are just starting to work on the Brazil Implementation. The Task is to Investigate the Standard Sales Document Types to be used. Since OR is being used for all other regions other than Brazil, the question here is can we use OR for Brazil? or We have to use ORB Only? And there are also very specific Item Categories like TBN for Brazil which ultimately help create a F2B Nota Fiscal, how do we balance using OR Vs ORB?

Hope i did not confuse you?

Please let me know if the above question make sense.

Regards

Kiran