cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP planning Area Backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently i am working on 5.0 SCM.I have one query.

For Reporting perpose we required to take backup of SNP planning Area,so that i can save SNP planning Area data in Info cube.I would like to see data in Infocube according to Product,Location & Resource wise only. So that i can use this data for reporting perpose.

Can we create whole data flow process for SNP Planning Area?

We have lot of Product & resources in APO,so is it feasible to take backup of SNP planning Area?

I want to take backup of SNP planning area only for reporting perpose,so that i can publish report according to my Product,Location & Resources.

So kindly suggest proper solution to achive above requirement.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards

Sujay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Back of SNP planning area is not as simple and straight forward as DP. You cannot extract data . Data backup works by aggregates and you cannot extract all the aggregates. Check note 428147 for more details. But oyu might be able to get all most all the data you want except for some as in the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attaching note 428147

Summary

Symptom

When extracting data from an SNP planning area, you must take account of some special features. These are explained in this note.

Solution

1. Data can be extracted only for existing SNP aggregates.

Existing SNP aggregates are:

o 9AAC (9AACTNAME)

o 9AACPR (9AACTNAME, 9APPMNAME)

o 9ALA (9ATRNAME)

o 9ALO (9ALOCNO)

o 9ALORE (9ALOCNO, 9ARNAME)

o 9AMA (9AMATNR)

o 9AMALA (9AMATNR, 9ATRNAME)

o 9AMALARE (9AMATNR, 9ARNAME, 9ATRNAME)

o 9AMALO (9ALOCNO, 9AMATNR)

o 9AMALORE (9ALOCNO, 9AMATNR, 9ARNAME)

o 9AMAPR (9AMATNR, 9APPMNAME)

o 9AMARE (9AMATNR, 9ARNAME)

o 9APR (9APPMNAME)

o 9ARE (9ARNAME)

o 9AREPR (9APPMNAME, 9ARNAME)

Only the characteristic/characteristic combinations contained in these aggregates may be used in the InfoSource, transfer structure and transfer rules.The simplest way of doing this is by always generating Export-DataSources for SNP planning areas to one of the aggregates and not to the Basis planning object structure '9ASNPBAS'.A typical result of using the Basis planning object structure '9ASNPBAS' without correcting the transfer structure is that, while data is transferred to a RemoteCube, it cannot be extracted in a BasisCube.

As of APO 3.0 Support Package 17 (or note 443613), only export DataSources for aggregates can be generated in SNP planning areas they are no longer generated for the Basis planning object structure.

Furthermore, note that the navigation attributes 9ATTYPE, 9ALOCTO, and 9ALOCFROM up to APO 3.0 Support Package 17 (or note 441653) must be deleted from the transfer structure for the SNP aggregates '9AMALA' (9AMATNR/9ATRNAME) and '9AMALARE' (9AMATNR/9ATRNAME/9ARNAME). These navigation attributes can be used from the specified correction.

Due to technical restrictions the characteristics '9ATRNAME' and '9ATTYPE' can only be restricted with single values in the selection for the data extraction.The use of intervals and formatting characters (+/*) is not allowed for these characteristics.

2. For an SNP aggregate, only the key figures assigned to it can be extracted. You can see which key figures are assigned to an aggregate in transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN on the Key figure assignment tab of the relevant planning area. As of APO 3.0 Support Package 17 (or note 439366), only the key figures assigned to this aggregate are taken into account when an export DataSource is being generated for aggregates.

3. During the definition of queries, the following restrictions apply:

In the case of queries for the aggregate '9AMALA', certain key figures can only ever be extracted with another key figure.The key figure combinations that can only be extracted together are:

o (9AFSHIP, 9ADMDDF, 9ADMDDFVMI)

o (9AFSHIPLP, 9ADMDDFLP)

o (9AFSHIPVMI, 9ADMDDFVMI)

o (9APSHIP, 9ADMDDI, 9ADMDDIVMI)

o (9APSHIPLP, 9ADMDDILP)

o (9APSHIPVMI, 9ADMDDIVMI)

o (9ATSHIP, 9ADMDDT, 9ADMDDTVMI)

o (9ATSHIPVMI, 9ADMDDTVMI)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

Actually you can extract the data from the planning area to a cube.

As mentioned above you cannot recover the data afterward in the planning area, but there is not issue for reporting.

Thereofre we do not usually talk about backup cubes, but reporting cubes.

Since you want to see information at product / location/ resource, you should create a datasource for the aggregate 9AMALORE.

Again this will not extract the orders, but work by bucket.

In term of performance it can be a problem. The extraction based on the resources are very demanding in memory.

You might have to create multiple infopackages to restrict the selection.

Expect that, if you know how to perform an extraction for a DP area, it is quite similar.

Sorry for this late answer, and good luck,

Thanks and Regards,

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Thanks for your valuable infromation.

Regards

Sujay