cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

examples of transportation chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

A transportation chain supports the shipment of inbound or outbound deliveries for which several modes of transport are to be used.

Please give examples of transportation chain.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Please go through this link it will help you about dufferent types modes of transport to be used in the transportation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/93/743e04546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need one help as i am new to the Transportation. The query is if i want to send goods from India to US and there would be 3 legs involved.

1st leg -> Preliminary leg would be - By Road to Port A

2nd leg -> Main Leg would be - By Sea to Port B

3rd leg -> Subsequent leg would be again From Port B to Customer.

We have 1 Forwarding Agent who will take care for 1st leg and 2nd leg, but for 3rd leg Forwarding agent will be different.

I would like to know how many Shipping document will be created  - One or Three. I am confused as when we maintain Route and define Stages, we mention all the legs under the Routes and Stages. and when the routes is copied from Delivery to Shipment document, all the stages are also copied in the Shipment document. So i understand there would be only one Shipping document created.

Do anyone have uploaded one sample examples with end to end scenario of transportation chain for better and clear understanding.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jamie

The exact name for this is [multi model transport] where different types of transportation are involved.

For example, if you are despatching some materials to a long distance destination, at times, it involves, road, train and again road. This is for domestic scenario. In case of exports also, this is prevailing. From despatching place, you would be despatching by road to the nearest sea port. From sea port, there will be a transhipment point where the materials will be unloaded from Vessels (Ship) and again loaded to a truck to the nearest airport. From there, the cargo will reach the destination airport and again from there transported by road.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Take an example of cement transporation. The goods will be transported to railway station by road, then to the destination by rail wagon and to the end customer by road. There are more than one mode of transport involved, so more than one shipment document.

Prase