cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting all the notifications to the Mobile Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are not able to get all the notifications that are assigned to the mobile device. Only part of the notifications are downloading to mobile device. I can see using MAM30_011_GETLIST there are 195 notifications assigned to that device. Out of 195, I can able to see only 97 notifications on the device.

I debugged and found that whenever I am creating a notifications using some functional locations either from the backend or using mobile device that never get downloaded to mobile device.

Please through some light on this issue I would be grateful to you.We are using Server Driven Functionality.

MAM version is MAM30 SR05.

Regards,

Scott.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason is very simple here. Some of the notifications are referring to technical objects(equipment/functional location) which are actaully not present on the middleware. So when a user request for data from the client to the middleware, because there is a reference from notification to technical objects, middleware will only send those notifications whose all references are actually present on the middleware.

So the way to check if all the technical objects are present in the middleware or not, you can do the following:

1. First check the no. of entries for both equipment and functional location in the middleware.

2. Then later go to the backend, as yours is server driven, then i would say go to variant of technical objects, execute the variant and make a note of the no. of entries it gives.

3. Verify if both middleware and backend gives same no. of entries.

If no, then try to correct the replication and then do a sync from the client.

If yes, then what I see is, even though you have all technical objects selected as a part of variant, there are still some notifications with technical objects which are not a part of technical objects selection in the above variant.

So, try to change the variant for technical objects to get more no. of technical objects which covers all the technical objects that might be a part of your notifications.

Hope this solves your problem.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks a lot for detailed answer. I have a question. How can I cross check with technical objects(equipment/functional location) that are available in the middleware with my Backend list of technical objects. Is there any simple way to check this. I have a backend list of btechnical objects.How can I validate which technical objects are there in middleware or not.

Could you through some light on this.

Regards,

Scott.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you see from Sivas Post - data is related to other objects. So please have a look into MEREP_LOG o the middleware if you can find any warnings for MAM30_011 Bos. There you can see if a related object is missing. This relation is called cascading. Really often this is the issue. If for example your notification A refers to FunctLoc XYZ, but XYZ is not available in the middleware the notification A will not come down to the device. Cause FunctLoc is server driven, in the moment you release a notificaiton in the backend and assign it to a mobile device, the key o related functLoc is send to the middleware into table MEREP_DELTABO. Then a job runs to take this key to MEREP_207. This process will take aprox 10mins. So check if MEREP_DELTABO gets processed correctly of if it fills up. If it fills up check your server driven configuration.

Furthermore you have to make sure, the notification is released - well, but this is most likely not the issue in your case.

If these things are fine and it still does not work, we need to go a little deeper. But in 99% of all cases this fixes the issue.

Regrds,

Oliver