SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to EA-PS 6.0 with NEW GL

0 Kudos

Right now we are in EA-PS 5.0 and we will upgrade to EA-PS 6.0 with NEW GL. I would like to know, which could be the impacts or risks in this migration considering that we have one company which works with old rffms200 (Original Function S200) and another one with S200 Enhanced functions

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you migrate to 6.0 with New GL the payment update online will not work as you were using before RFFMS200

Sorry for that bad news

Here we migrated from 4.6C to 6.0 ECC with New GL and FM was new so we have the chance to have payments online in FM

Best regards

Salvator

PSM-FM Consultant

Suitzerland

0 Kudos

Hi Salvador, Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if SAP is developing or building one solution for enterprises like our ?.

I have another question. Is there some documentation about impacts in FM or tips for upgrading ECC 6.0 with New GL?

Thanks !

Ruth

0 Kudos

There are notes on this. Just search for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a new Public Sector Editions which shlould be available now i ramp up

It regroups all public sectors modules like

>FM

>GM

>PS-CD or Tax and revenues management

>real-estate

>defense

>health

<patient management

>campus management

etc... with new features

As a FM consultant i advise my new customers to migrate to this Public sector editions instead to go to ECC 6.0

reagrds

Salvator

0 Kudos

Thank you for your help. In another forum I found an important note 928345 and 538778

Best regards

Ruth

0 Kudos

Hello Ruth, if you are migrating to ERP600 and want to use online payment update in FM you must keep in mind the following:

- From ERP600 Enhacement Package 4 there will be some tools to help to the migration.

- These tools are only supported if you use RFFMS200 enhance functions, so in your case you would have to migrate to it previosly. Or another posibility is to close all open items and the implement online payment update.

For further information look at:

http://www.service.sap.com/erp-ehp

Note 939736 - newGL table definitions for Public Sector scenarios

Note 1030497 - SAP ERP 60 Public sector scenarios in new general ledger

Regards

Cesar